Is cremation environmentally friendly ?

Have we ever thought about the environmental impact of our bodies being cremated ? ..........

i'm sure we're all wondering this but are too afraid to ask, but what has cremation got to do with the secret conspiracy of power which you seem driven to educate us about?

Wow, i never thought it was that much, but 72.44% of what?

hopefully, people who died

A Tibetan sky burial looks the most efficient, natural and space saving to me. They have to do it that way because the diggable ground is too shallow and fuel is scarce.

I don't think the pigeons and crows round my way are up to the job though. :(

[Warning: do not go looking for this on youtube unless you already know what a sky burial involves and are prepared!]

Pet food.

Whiskas Saxon and Rabbit flavour.

Wouldn't worry me none.

Just get rid of me in the cheapest way possible. Sod the ceremony, just dispose of the bits that go smelly ..... at a profit if possible.

Burial requires more land, so when land is scarce (as it is in this country), then cremation is more efficient.

I think I'm going to leave my body to science.

Im leaving mine to science fiction :hihi:

Mmmmmmmm........surely that process would also use some form of energy which would in turn also be environmentally unfriendly?

I would also imagine that it would cost at least as much as cremation/burial does.......if not more.

Hey......we only die once and the best part of it is that we aren't around to deal with it. Maybe we should all be made into soup or glue or something else useful.

Freeze-drying and shaking the bodies to dust being discussed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-409503/Cremation-replaced-eco-friendly-freeze-drying-corpses.html

....my family asked me once, burial or cremation/ Surprise me I said!!!!!

Has anyone heard of the most environmentally friendly way....

Natural Burial Grounds (Search for NativeWoodland.co.uk on google for the best examples of natural burial grounds)

Everything that is buried is biodegradable and there are no headstones or grave markings so the landscape is preserved.

It really is the way forward.

Has anyone heard of the most environmentally friendly way....

Natural Burial Grounds (Search for NativeWoodland.co.uk on google for the best examples of natural burial grounds)

Everything that is buried is biodegradable and there are no headstones or grave markings so the landscape is preserved.

It really is the way forward.

How does that save land compared to a normal cemetery.(I relaise I may be talking to a bot but you never know)

How does that save land compared to a normal cemetery.(I relaise I may be talking to a bot but you never know)

Not a bot I'm afraid

Well it doesn't impact on the land... it looks no different to how it would if it just stayed as a meadow being used for grazing, not filled with headstones and everything else that people put in cemeteries and crematoriums