Demo violence in London today

If you could get a middle-eastern country to bomb the UK (a no-fly zone would make life difficult for Ryanair and the El cheapo airlines) would that help?

Could you get the country which did the bombing to re-build the place afterwards?

If we paid them enough - isnt that how it works ? bomb the crap out of a country then charge them to rebuil it ??

The Tory/Lib Dem coalition certainly didn't 'win' a general election victory

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Had Nick Clegg made a deal with Labour I'm sure there would be NO QUESTION about the validity of any subsequent government from certain quarters on here.

Does this also mean that the Labour government that signed up to the Lib/Lab pact between March 1977 and July 1978 was invalid?

Pity the cops aren't allowed to shoot anyone with that red and black flag of stupidity.

I hope the cops used "minimal force" while the anarchist idiots resisted arrest.

By that, I mean I hope the cops took the chance to kick the crap out of the idiots.

I see the usual suspects are on the rampage again,you know the anarchists the dole scroungers and left wing bully boys and their student friends.

Dont these idiots realize they are doing the cause of peaceful protest a great disservice and taking the limelight away from those with genuine grievance.:mad:they never ever learn do they.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Spending-Cuts-Workers-To-Stage-A-March-for-the-Alternative-Protest-Against-Government---UK-Uncut/Article/201103415960442?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15960442_Spending_Cuts%3A_Workers_To_Stage_A_March_for_the_Alternative_Protest_Against_Government_-_UK_Uncut

Better than being a rightwing bully boy who hates everything, even themselves - I'm better than you etc. No wonder they don't have any friends. Things are going to get much much worse for the Tories.

yes thats very true,this so called reserve is financing the Libyan conflict,funny how they can always find money to kill people isn't it but they cant find money for essential services.??

The government found the money to protect people from being killed.

I was in the navy; I was paid the same whether we were in conflict or not, the ships sailed and we used weapons whether we was in conflict or not. My point is that most of the costs involved in a conflict would still be paid whether we are in conflict or not. So if we are able why shouldn’t we help to stop mass murder?

Edited by alrockman

Didn't more than a million people march against the war in Iraq?

And what happened at the next General Election? Was there a change of government?

Labour had a massive majority from the 2001 general election and as such were almost certain to win in 2005.

Also, their main opponents, the Tories were equally enthusiastic about the Iraq war.

Some of the people on the march haven’t got a clue, some don’t think we should cut the debt as fast as we are, someone should tell them it’s not the debt that is being cut.

All the government are doing for now is trying to cut the amount they overspend each year. Our country cannot afford to go deeper into debt.

Some don’t understand why the Tories always cut spending, well that’s because the Tories always follow the Labour party into government and the Labour party always spend more than they receive and leave the county in a mess.

Do they know or care about the environmental impact and financial cost of this pointless march, which will be paid for from our taxes leaving less money to spend on public services.

That's not fair, the police are part of the public sector too. They are losing jobs, and at risk of pension cuts, and loss of funding. They probably agree with the protest, but have do their job anyway.

Problem is... some of the protesters are causing more damage and cost to a country which is in serious debt.

And most of the violent protesters look too young to have ever paid for anything of their own in their lives.

The protestors who kicked off yesterday would have most likely had the effect of turning police officers off the anti-cuts cause. Shame that there are always those who don't realise that police are affected by the cuts as well.

Labour make me laugh, they go on a march and tell everyone what needs doing to solve our financial problems, they had 13 years to do what they claim needs doing,

They didn’t tax the rich or close the loopholes;

They didn’t build the houses they now claim need building.

They didn’t create the jobs for our children,

They stole from us,

They gave the banks our money,

And while these morons are doing all this we're wasting money of repairs = more spending cuts...Knobheads.