Demo violence in London today

Cheers - Had my placard displayed prominently and took delight in shouting "Scumbag" as I passed Number 10. I was with about 25 of my wife's union, saw a few from my own but there was a pretty good turn out from S Yorks ..... The coach stop at Watford Gap showed that Unison supplied quite a few bodies.

Excellent, sounds like you enjoyed yourself!

the difference is our goverment won a democratic election,so I dont agree.

Isn't that one of the reasons for protest ie that they were not elected?

Excellent, sounds like you enjoyed yourself!

Oh yes - Best Saturday since we let Clegg and his mob know our feelings :D

Cheers - Had my placard displayed prominently and took delight in shouting "Scumbag" as I passed Number 10. I was with about 25 of my wife's union, saw a few from my own but there was a pretty good turn out from S Yorks ..... The coach stop at Watford Gap showed that Unison supplied quite a few bodies.

Reminds me of the NHS demo in the late 80's when we all went down on SYT double deckers. Quite an impressive sight when we arrived and rounded parliament square in convoy to the cheers of those already on the ground.

And while they're gleefully cutting police service they're just hypocritical enough to direct that their protection is maintained :|

I was there today and can honestly say I was delighted to see so many people protesting but very disappointed to hear that a few bad apples spoiled what should have been a family friendly day.

Good for you. I couldn't afford to be there. Job cut from full-time to three days a week from next month. Our capitalist, profit margain, consumer, disposable driven society is coming off the rails and we must find a fairer way by whatever means possible.

I can understand people being unhappy about their jobs being threatened, especially if they are in front line public services that will be missed by the most vulnerable if they are reduced. If people wanted to stage a peaceful protest to air their views about the current situation, then they have a right to do so.

However, the destruction of shop windows by masked thugs bore no resemblance to how the great majority behaved. I'd be very surprised if any of them work in the public sector, or actually even work.

However, the destruction of shop windows by masked thugs bore no resemblance to how the great majority behaved. I'd be very surprised if any of them work in the public sector, or actually even work.

theyd be the ones against capitalism in general

yes thats very true,this so called reserve is financing the Libyan conflict,funny how they can always find money to kill people isn't it but they cant find money for essential services.??

And because of this you'd like the British public to conduct themselves with restraint and apologise?

Personally we need to send a few million down there and kick the ***out of Parliament

Seems you whine about violent demos then go onto whine about violent government...make your mind up.

Some of the comments on this topic are breathless and beyond comment.

Been back from the March for a couple of hours now. Great day, even better for the fact there was a 200% better attendance than any forecast, and not an iota of problems at all.

This is the story.

Not a 200 angst teenagers cry for help, who had advertised all over facebook and twitter they were staying in Trafalgar Sq tonight for a party. The police decided it wasnt happening, and so a fight was created... Egyptian / Libyan / Tunisian kids all had their squares to protest and party. When the police said no, it went tits up. When do we ever learn....

Had to lol at the copper with the paint on his face, made to look like a clown on national tele.

Time to tool the police up and let em rip.

That's not fair, the police are part of the public sector too. They are losing jobs, and at risk of pension cuts, and loss of funding. They probably agree with the protest, but have do their job anyway.

Problem is... some of the protesters are causing more damage and cost to a country which is in serious debt.

And most of the violent protesters look too young to have ever paid for anything of their own in their lives.

I wonder if a Middle eastern country would come to help the british rioters and rebels in London, they might call for a UN resolution to over throw the Government ??

But we don't have any oil so no one proberbly will lol

If you could get a middle-eastern country to bomb the UK (a no-fly zone would make life difficult for Ryanair and the El cheapo airlines) would that help?

Could you get the country which did the bombing to re-build the place afterwards?