20 year old given an OAP flat??

Just found out that the council have allocated a flat to a 20 year old , the flats in question are for OAP, plus in this area the waiting list for any property is over 11 years, have the council any sence at all, weve recently also had 3 smackheads allocated flats, the area is Deepcar, anyone any answers???

Just found out that the council have allocated a flat to a 20 year old , the flats in question are for OAP, plus in this area the waiting list for any property is over 11 years, have the council any sence at all, weve recently also had 3 smackheads allocated flats, the area is Deepcar, anyone any answers???

Council and sense are two words you will never find in the same book, never mind sentence

yeah stop moaning about something that has absolutely nothing to do with you , everyone has the right to there own home and if this guy has been offered a flat then he`s well within his rights to accept it or would you rather everyone under a certain age sleep on the streets ? If he managed to get allocated a councill flat without having to wait 11 yrs then good luck to him !!

I have seen this type of thing before. Some doughnut at the council thinks that housing the 20 year old with the old folks will somehow improve the behaviour and conduct of said person. However most of the time it does not and that person just makes life hell for everyone else living nearby!

This might not be the case in this situation though.

It might be worth speaking to the council about it to make sure the person has got the flat by legitimate means.

Edited by Paddy

Older and young people should live in close proximity, and only be segregated if care needs or bad habits make it a problem.

The older people can help the young person out on the furniture and cash front, whilst the younger person can help the elderly person by doing odd jobs etc.

I have seen this type of thing before. Some doughnut at the council thinks that housing the 20 year old with the old folks will somehow improve the behaviour and conduct of said person. However most of the time it does not and that person just makes life hell for everyone else living nearby!

This might not be the case in this situation though.

It might be worth speaking to the council about it to make sure the person has got the flat by legitimate means.

theres no way it can be legit because shes 20 and the wait list is over 11 years.

Surely this should not have been moved to the housing & property section? It is a discussion on the fact that the council have given a flat to a 20 yr old in a OAP complex. Not about who can fix a shower etc!!!!

, everyone has the right to there own home !

Is this some EU law or something :rolleyes: why have they a right to their own home, can my two sons have one please.

Older and young people should live in close proximity, and only be segregated if care needs or bad habits make it a problem.

The older people can help the young person out on the furniture and cash front, whilst the younger person can help the elderly person by doing odd jobs etc.

why should an elderly person whos worked all thier life help out a scrounger with cash or furniture???????????????????

Is this some EU law or something :rolleyes: why have they a right to their own home, can my two sons have one please.

my point exactley, ive worked all my life and had no handouts, too many do gooders in the world.

1) do you know for a fact that this female is a drug user ( hearsay / gossip and assumptions are not fact )?

2) do you know for a fact that this person does not have any kind of special needs ( hence being housed in this kind of complex)?

3) Whilst i agree that my hard earned money and the taxes i pay should not be used to home social miss-fits unfortunately its the way of the world and no matter how much i disagree with it , its not going to change.

I`m sure they could if they go through the correct channels or rent private :)