Frogspawn needed for house bound 4 yr old - science project!

Hello everyone!

My son just had an operation which means he will be wheelchair bound for the next 6 weeks and won't be at school much. I am trying to find some frogspawn for him to watch develop over the next few weeks. I have a fish tank and can return tadpoles to original pond if needed.

Thanks

what area are you in i know of a few ponds but not sure if they will be local

My dad has loads at the bottom of his garden in an old bath every year, not sure if there is any yet but you are welcome to have some. PM me and i will find out if they are there yet.

i red somewhere its now illegal to remove frog spawn from ponds and other breading grounds under the wild life act 2000

The frogs in my pond are very active laying spawn, but for the second year running local cats are eating it.

i red somewhere its now illegal to remove frog spawn from ponds and other breading grounds under the wild life act 2000

true you can get fined ............

true you can get fined ............

So who do you report the cats to? How much will they get fined?

Don't know how you are fixed budget wise but Amazon sell kits for hatching various insects, it would give a similar outcome they cost about £15 and are by a company called Insect Lore. I think some garden centres sell them too. I looked at one for around Christmas time but my little boy had just turned 3 so wanted to wait until the Summer hols when he will be a bit older and will have been at nursery a while. I know they do stick insects and butterflies but they might do other similar things. You get a habitat and a voucher for eggs which you send off and the eggs are delivered by post.

Last year we left an old washing up bowl in our garden where my other half had been using it for plany storage, some rain water gathered in it and in less than an inch of water we ended up with frog spawn!

Jus as a suggestion if you are going to be in the house a lot, my little boy has recently made a paper mache volcano with vinegar and bi carb which roved a massive hit. Another suggestion would be http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/

It's got a lot of print out activities with various themes and ideas for baking, making etc

You are very welcome to have some of mine (well the frog's) and I won't tell the Wildlife Police if you don't. Am in S11