Cat shot with air rifle s4

I lived on skelwith all my life and now live on birdwell and I've never heard of this happening before, saying that they'res lots of new faces about the area. Hope u find who's doing it

I don't like cats myself, nothing to do with anything they've done, but I'm allergic and so I've developed a 'dislike' over the years... But for someone to do such an evil thing to any animal is beyond belief!

Good luck with finding who did it, and more importantly, with getting kitty better x

It wouldn't suprise me to find the perpetrator was sick and tired of picking up cat doings from their garden. Maybe the fouling laws need updating to bring them inline with dogs and punish irresponsible owners accordingly.

As to some, hurting cats should be punishable by death, let me be clear, I do not condone abuse of any animal.

So if she's crapped on someones garden its ok to shoot her?? And if she was passing someones house minding her own business its not?? Well she's paid the price either way so someone will be happy !!

Edited by angnjosh
misspelling

No it is not ok to shoot a cat for using a garden as a toilet.

Do you think it's acceptable for owners to allow their cats to use other peoples property as a toilet?

How is your cat now angnjosh? I hope that she is feeling a bit better what an horrible thing to do to her.

Whereas cats are considered to be very intelligent I doubt that they are capable of provocation! Even if it was using somebody's garden as it's toilet then all it was doing was what comes naturally!

There's simply no excuse whatsoever for what the gun toting moron has done to this cat.....and others by the sounds of it.

If anything it just goes to prove that even a simple shotgun isn't safe in the hands of some of the lowlife that pass for human beings these days!

Personally I would love nothing better than for this persons shotgun to backfire and fill him with little holes in his brain! Who knows.......it might be an improvement!

angnjosh.......I do hope your puss makes a full recovery.

Who said shotgun?

we're thinking about getting a pair of kittens when we move house soon but reading things like this makes me anxious about getting new cats.

I didn't say it was ok for someone to shoot it because it was crapping in someone's garden or that cats are capable of knowing where to crap it was just a question. I know a few very garden-proud people who have been extremely angered by a neighbours cat frequently crapping in their garden and digging up their flowers. It wouldn't be acceptable if someone allowed their dog to wander and do similar things so why is it for a cat?

I didn't say it was ok for someone to shoot it because it was crapping in someone's garden or that cats are capable of knowing where to crap it was just a question. I know a few very garden-proud people who have been extremely angered by a neighbours cat frequently crapping in their garden and digging up their flowers. It wouldn't be acceptable if someone allowed their dog to wander and do similar things so why is it for a cat?

Then I suggest that you campaign to change the law instead of arguing about it on here.

Scare the cat away, squirt it with water yes but shoot it I don't think so!

She's recovering slowly! Deaf in one ear and may not ever get to close her eye again as nerves have been damaged. Back to vets wednesday for a check up x She was shot with an air rifle or airgun. And i don't care wot some peoples opinion is no one deserves their family pet to be shot for the fun of it !!

Whereas cats are considered to be very intelligent I doubt that they are capable of provocation! Even if it was using somebody's garden as it's toilet then all it was doing was what comes naturally!

There's simply no excuse whatsoever for what the gun toting moron has done to this cat.....and others by the sounds of it.

If anything it just goes to prove that even a simple shotgun isn't safe in the hands of some of the lowlife that pass for human beings these days!

Personally I would love nothing better than for this persons shotgun to backfire and fill him with little holes in his brain! Who knows.......it might be an improvement!

angnjosh.......I do hope your puss makes a full recovery.

I totally agree - other than the bold - not much chance of that I don't think!!