Cat shot with air rifle s4

A warning to cat owners around the skelwith road area! My cat was shot on tuesday teatime with an air rifle luckily she has survived but had to have surgery to remove the pellett from her cheek and has a damaged ear and may loose her eye as her nerves are damaged. I have come to the conclusion that its the same person that shot and killed one of my other cats back in october in the back of the neck leaving her paralised and had to be put to sleep. I can't understand what pleasure people get out of this because all they do is cause heartache to pet owners.

Personally, i hate cats, but i could never do that to one, there are some real sickos out there though.

Hope it recovers fully.

Was it a completely unprovoked attack or was it digging someone's garden and burying its s**t or something? Not that anyone should be shooting cats with anything

I understand that people don't like cats but shooting them with an air rifle and leaving them in agony is sick i don't think she will recover fully she may still have to be put to sleep.

there is far too many things like this happening. its terrible.

hope your poor cat pulls through

I hate cats, but come on some peoples pets are like there children to them, how can anyone do such an awful thing!

A warning to cat owners around the skelwith road area! My cat was shot on tuesday teatime with an air rifle luckily she has survived but had to have surgery to remove the pellett from her cheek and has a damaged ear and may loose her eye as her nerves are damaged. I have come to the conclusion that its the same person that shot and killed one of my other cats back in october in the back of the neck leaving her paralised and had to be put to sleep. I can't understand what pleasure people get out of this because all they do is cause heartache to pet owners.

is that the cat in your avatar?

Nope its not that one, he's one of my boys its my female cat that got shot she was a ferral cat from cats protection who has just started to settle down after 2 years she had a bad start in life and now its not much better for her...

I used to live on Birdwell Road and 3 years ago my cat was shot with an air rifle. She frequently wandered over to Wincobank lane near the park at night, and it was during one of her over-night wanders when it happened. We found her the following morning covered in blood and in distress.

Its highly likely that she was injured somewhere around the far end of skelwith & its junction with Wincobank. What's betting it was the same perpetrator but this incident was (as mentioned) years ago.

I hope your cat is much better and unaffected by it all and I hope Karma catch's up with the evil scumbag who's doing this. X

Was it a completely unprovoked attack or was it digging someone's garden and burying its s**t or something? Not that anyone should be shooting cats with anything

Whereas cats are considered to be very intelligent I doubt that they are capable of provocation! Even if it was using somebody's garden as it's toilet then all it was doing was what comes naturally!

There's simply no excuse whatsoever for what the gun toting moron has done to this cat.....and others by the sounds of it.

If anything it just goes to prove that even a simple shotgun isn't safe in the hands of some of the lowlife that pass for human beings these days!

Personally I would love nothing better than for this persons shotgun to backfire and fill him with little holes in his brain! Who knows.......it might be an improvement!

angnjosh.......I do hope your puss makes a full recovery.

if anybody hurt my cats id bloody kill em , their nothing but mindless scum.....