Anyone recommend a mma gym?

ive been looking for a while and seen some gyms but still looking as im looking for a good place, ie good trainer. who knows what they are doing any recomendations?

Gracie Barra Sheffield - Sheffield's first and only BJJ Black Belt, incorporating Forged MMA - new cage, big mat space and years of experience on hand.

http://www.theforge-ma.co.uk

just checked the link is the guy john goldson the black belt & mma coach.

Yes, John Goldson runs the gym, Sheffields first BJJ black belt. He also coaches the MMA, s+c/cardio classes, all good stuff.

for what u are looking for, yes its GB

i'm looking for somewhere else as this gyms not for me ive been & had a look before,& asked around its a good place but i'm looking for a coach that has actually competed in mma. john goldson has never competed in mma and only competed in bbj at blue belt once or twice and bjj is not mma. i used to do thai boxing when i lived in ireland and i would'nt hav a thai coach that did'nt know what it was like in the ring. heard a guy called pepe is good coach that had a gym in hillsborough but don't know if still coaching. anyone????

Could be Sheffield Shootfighting at 393 Club, Langsett Rd, Hillsborough.

Check out EKBJJ NORTH. Have a look at the links on my signature.

A strong club, we train under Eddie Kone. Come and have a look.

Train at Graves leisure center on a Wednesday.

i'm looking for somewhere else as this gyms not for me ive been & had a look before,& asked around its a good place but i'm looking for a coach that has actually competed in mma. john goldson has never competed in mma and only competed in bbj at blue belt once or twice and bjj is not mma. i used to do thai boxing when i lived in ireland and i would'nt hav a thai coach that did'nt know what it was like in the ring. heard a guy called pepe is good coach that had a gym in hillsborough but don't know if still coaching. anyone????

Do you think Einsteins teachers were all world famous scientists?

Do you think Usain Bolts coaches were all record breaking sprinters?

John Goldson is an awesome coach, he's not a regular competitor but he trains amateur, semi-pro and pro MMA fighters, and has BJJ students (me included) who fight in competitions.

And, for that matter, the "head honcho" of GB North is Lagarto, who recently won gold in the European BJJ championships.

My 20p

Pep doesn't train in Hillsborough anymore. His club is in Darnall. He is an awesome coach too.

You won't get anyone better on the ground in Sheffield than John though. Go to both clubs. It'll make you a better fighter.

Do you think Einsteins teachers were all world famous scientists?

Do you think Usain Bolts coaches were all record breaking sprinters?

John Goldson is an awesome coach, he's not a regular competitor but he trains amateur, semi-pro and pro MMA fighters, and has BJJ students (me included) who fight in competitions.

And, for that matter, the "head honcho" of GB North is Lagarto, who recently won gold in the European BJJ championships.

My 20p

keep your 20p

iv heard (gracie barra) john goldson is a good bjj coach but i like to compete and when i do i like to know my corner knows what its like to go throught what im going through when im doing it. anyway i don't want to do bjj i want to do mma john has'nt done mma so hes no good for ME.

do i think bolts coach was a record breaker NO but expect him to have been a runner before he coaches it.

do i think einstein teachers was famous scientists NO but expect them to have learnt science before teaching it.

bjj is not mma. some people may use bjj in mma fights but mma is the full package. just want to train under somone that really knows & done mma.

thanks bjjman for the info.

Has Greg Jackson ever competed in MMA?

Sherdog rank his team as having the highest winning percentage in MMA.