New Running Event - May Day 10k at Rother Valley Country Park

Hi everyone,

I am helping to organise a new running event in aid of the NSPCC which is taking place at Rother Valley Country Park on May Day, Monday May 2nd at 10am. It is a 10k race with a football theme, runners are encouraged to wear their favourite team's colours and prizes will be awarded for the team with the fastest fans! The race costs £10 to enter, with all proceeds going to the NSPCC, and there is also a 4k fun run which you can enter for £4 on the day.

Full details can be found here...

May Day 10k

And you can enter online here...

Virgin Money Giving

When you enter online this creates a fundraising page but sponsorship is optional, just forget about your page once you've entered if you don't want to get sponsored for the event.

We are hoping for a good turnout for this to raise money for a great cause so lets get a few Blades and Owls (and Millers, Tykes and Spireites!) involved!

Is this a new one? Sounds like a larf!

Yes, this is a new event so we are trying to generate as much interest as possible. 2 laps of the 2 main lakes at Rother Valley on nice flat terrain.

Sounds good to me, plus its a flat course so you should be able to set a PB if you try.

Ill register this weekend :)

i've been looking for a run to get back into 10k events - that course is perfect ease back in!

however, i'm in essex that weekend! doh!

Must enter this soo. PB course! Do runners have to stillpay parking?

Unfortunately runners do still have to pay the £3 parking charge, but as the race itself is only £10 it is still fairly cheap compared to other 10k races even taking this into account.

Sounds interesting. I'm trying to get back to fitness (it's a slow process for me, hah), so when if this turns into an annual event I might take part in future.

I did my first outdoor around dam flask (2 laps) yesterday so im in, how many are registered so far?

Not sure on how many have registered so far, will get in touch with the NSPCC to find out, we are hoping for a good turnout to support the event in it's first year though so please sign up! As people have said, it's about as easy as a 10k race gets in terms of terrain so is ideal for beginners running their first race or experienced runners going for a PB.

Is there a lower age limit for the smaller race?