69 Alfred Road, Attercliffe

Hi cors my aunt carrie also worked at the piston ring her surname was betts she as to daughters called lorrain and kathleen they lived at 9 don place

Hi alemap my sister used to go to school with betty holland she didnt know that she had passed away she says she was one of her best friends at school my sister was called rita thew and her sister is called janet they seem to know all the names on this thread happy days they were

the reunion will be the 13th october 2012 bellhouse rd working mens club jack barnes and anita is organising it with him.

yes betty was one of six 5 girls janet ,anne, carol,margaret and one boy john who is my husband. sadly carol died the day before betty carol was 60 and betty 76

Edited by alemap
had not finished reply

jamestee earlier in this thread you stated you were friends with tony hull, my hubby used to

be in the same class and football teams with his brother barry hull at newhall and hartley brook

hi alemap yes barry was older than me and i think tony was younger they lived on pagoda street

Hiya jamestee my wifes name is Wendy (nee)Rhodes.She says she has very fond memories of Carrie Betts,a real character with whom she had lots of laughs

Hi cors my cousin loraine betts remembers your wife and told me to tell you carrie is 94 next and still a character lol bless her

my hubby john used to deliver stars for lenny wilkinson Larnie from his house or lock up end of canny st/alfred rd

Hi my dads was known as spot wilson and larnie used to deliver our star to paget street when I was a baby.:)

my hubby new a lad called brian wilson from newhall and alfred road area he was only small and he thinks he went on to hartley brook school.and john my hubby delivered stars for larnie his round finished on dane street

hi alemap i went to same schools the only wilson i can remember was called ronnie he lived on fleet street we were friends with harold hampton and the batterbise

Hi cors my cousin loraine betts remembers your wife and told me to tell you carrie is 94 next and still a character lol bless her

Hi jamestee. I believe your cousin Lorraine and I were at school together in the 50's. I hope she is keeping well and that life has been kind to her. I have fond memories of her. I was also mates with Alan Brightmore whose grand parents lived next door to the Betts.

Cheers

wombatc