69 Alfred Road, Attercliffe

HI JAMES!, my mum lived at 62 alfred road,she knew some scarbrough"s that lived on Don road. my mum is the youngest of ten,called Ashworth,she had a friend called marie scarbrough who is/was the same age (65). ive been searching for pictures of alfred road,but there doesnt seem to be any,only seen the 2 on sheffield council thingy! lol.

she always says there will never be such a community ever again,like the community spirit "downt cliffe". have a go at reading keith farnsworth"s new book,not sure what its called tho! sorry

an old freind of mine .... bernard [bunny} ashworth, lived on alfred road.....same family?

My late husband was born on Alfred Rd number 75 I think, Samuel H. Johnson. was his name.I do believe he was related to the Ashworth family

Just wanted to set the record straight.Alfred Road was in Brightside not Attercliffe

Hi, I have been trying to remember names, I think I remember your family also the Moorwoods/Mooresand?. I now remember the lady's name was Ivy Shaw, a huge women with a pinny, hairnet and a stern outlook. I do remember Derek, but I thought he ran the corner shop opposite us.

I believe the Gibby family were Farley, wife?? and Silvia (she went to London to have a career in " The Theatre ") I also remember the Warner family, my Gran went to Bingo with the mother, I knew Jane. I remember mass trips to the Pictures on Saturday mornings and best of all, the WMC trips to the seaside. Enough pop and crisps to make you sick for a week. Fish and chips in the street. Fantastic. The adults that were "in charge" often drunk before arriving and topping up all day. Kids now cannot understand how good it was, let loose in a strange place full of new things and money (10 bob) to spend. If you were lucky you got trips with numerous clubs to Skeggy, Mablethorpe, Cleethorpes, and very rarely Blackpool. With the old joke of looking sicker than a Skegness donkey on a Blackpool beach !!!.

Great memories.

Ivy Shaw is my great grandmother her son Walter is my grandad but never knew him his daughter Tracey Shaw is my mother

Hi,name is Mick/Mike smith.

I was born in 1942 and lived at 14 Canny Street until 1958 when I joined the Royal Navy.

Someone May also remember my brother George (Gud) who,sadly, passed away 3 years ago. He went to Hartley Brook and knocked about with Dennis Walker ,Pete Bullivant and Roy Smith.

Canny street was,of course at the Newhall Rd. end of Alfred Rd, with Sanderson Street in between.

hi does anyone new charlie wright he had a daughter called annie they lived opposite collins rag and bone yard on alfred rd any information would be gratefully recieved

Shawfamily, I knew your Mum Tracy, and her siblings and her Mum Maureen and her second husband Bert.