69 Alfred Road, Attercliffe

dave d yes your right i did have a big 4 but didnt keep it long,can you remember that lathe alan grayson rescued from robsons ive still got that its a colchester 5" bantem pre-war model

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 14:04 ----------

LAKE1 did i see you in the arundel club at christmas?

I can remember the lathe,I was sorry when i heard alan had passed away,

did you have a plunger gold flash combo.Have seen John Askham a few times, he still rides and lives at the same house at wincobank near my daughters.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 14:44 ----------

Hi my name is Dave Hayes
Edited by dave d
no name

yes you probably did when caravan season finishes i go in club to see my mates once a fortnight until end of february.you will know one of them pete roberts. although i still cant work it out who you are

What is your name.

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 14:45 ----------

What is your name I am new at this just had I pad for birthday.

Hi Jean i take it you cant remember me,I think my classmates were jean travis,tony stothard,henry cockane, kathleen neville,may be your john was in my class the old grey matter may be playing tricks at my age (65)

DAVID D no i never had a flash! not that kind anyway,yer oscar & alf still bikin,popped in a couple of times to see margaret grayson,she stayed on her own

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 17:51 ----------

anyone remember clifford taylor lived in same yard as norman roberts on brightside lane,normans dad had a ford v8 pilot his name tip he was a steel erector died young.

DAVID D no i never had a flash! not that kind anyway,yer oscar & alf still bikin,popped in a couple of times to see margaret grayson,she stayed on her own

Cliff lad cant remember who i borrowed the flash from to pass test, i was building my triumph tiger 100 at the time (tuc 668)

Edited by dave d
name

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 17:51 ----------

anyone remember clifford taylor lived in same yard as norman roberts on brightside lane,normans dad had a ford v8 pilot his name tip he was a steel erector died young.

hello clifflad i have been racking my brain on who you are.now i come to think you talking about arundel and talking to dave about bikes i think you must be someone who worked with my dad at jessops.roy catherall if i am correct

Edited by lake1
spelling correction

LAKE1 correct amondo,i knew youd get it eventually did you know this guy mick merrit on this photo ive got he must have been around 50ish when it was taken it was among my mothers bits & pieces.

---------- Post added 06-02-2013 at 14:16 ----------

DAVE D was kathleen neville related to a arthur neville who lived on brightside lane in between lake st & heath st.

LAKE1 correct amondo,i knew youd get it eventually did you know this guy mick merrit on this photo ive got he must have been around 50ish when it was taken it was among my mothers bits & pieces.

DAVE D was kathleen neville related to a arthur neville who lived on brightside lane in between lake st & heath st.

clifflad dont know about arthur neville is he our age group?

hello clifflad didnt know mick merrit but there was george and david merrit also gordan merrit all lived a little bit further up pelham st from us. gordan lived over out wall while george lived in yard after. last time i heard about george he had gone to live in the states what i heard was he made it big in america but he was always a very clever lad

I lost contact with all the family after my father died and only got back in contact with them fairly recently. We keep in touch via email now. I had another cousin who lived on Newhall Rd, Charlie Simmonite. Don't know if anyone remembers him. He lives in York now.

Charlie Simmonite lived in Swallow Street and went to Maltby Street School and also worked at Sanderson Bros & Newbould in the Bandsaw Dept.

---------- Post added 07-02-2013 at 13:49 ----------

Hi, I have been trying to remember names, I think I remember your family also the Moorwoods/Mooresand?. I now remember the lady's name was Ivy Shaw, a huge women with a pinny, hairnet and a stern outlook. I do remember Derek, but I thought he ran the corner shop opposite us.

I believe the Gibby family were Farley, wife?? and Silvia (she went to London to have a career in " The Theatre ") I also remember the Warner family, my Gran went to Bingo with the mother, I knew Jane. I remember mass trips to the Pictures on Saturday mornings and best of all, the WMC trips to the seaside. Enough pop and crisps to make you sick for a week. Fish and chips in the street. Fantastic. The adults that were "in charge" often drunk before arriving and topping up all day. Kids now cannot understand how good it was, let loose in a strange place full of new things and money (10 bob) to spend. If you were lucky you got trips with numerous clubs to Skeggy, Mablethorpe, Cleethorpes, and very rarely Blackpool. With the old joke of looking sicker than a Skegness donkey on a Blackpool beach !!!.

Great memories.

Hi Bill are you the same Bill Kitson who worked as an apprentice electrician at Brown Bayleys.

HI JAMES!, my mum lived at 62 alfred road,she knew some scarbrough"s that lived on Don road. my mum is the youngest of ten,called Ashworth,she had a friend called marie scarbrough who is/was the same age (65). ive been searching for pictures of alfred road,but there doesnt seem to be any,only seen the 2 on sheffield council thingy! lol.

she always says there will never be such a community ever again,like the community spirit "downt cliffe". have a go at reading keith farnsworth"s new book,not sure what its called tho! sorry

HI,is your mums name carol,i remember an ashworth in my class at school,Iam 65 and born on dane st.

Edited by dave d
spelling

Hi, Yes , along time ago, although now running a M&E company near Nat West bank opposite Ice Sheffield.

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 17:20 ----------

Charlie Simmonite lived in Swallow Street and went to Maltby Street School and also worked at Sanderson Bros & Newbould in the Bandsaw Dept.

Hi Bill are you the same Bill Kitson who worked as an apprentice electrician at Brown Bayleys.

Hi Yes, did you work there?

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 17:21 ----------

Hi Yes, did you work there?