Pub Food in ridgeway

Hi everyone just to let you know that "The Bridge Inn" at ford bottom in ridgeway served me and the family the most delightful meal last night so i would recommend to all those families that want a relaxing and enjoyable evening. The landlord was very warm and friendly and catered for all our needs.:)

Sounds wonderful and there are plenty on this forum that are a little wet behind the ears so good luck with your venture!

sorry i have dogs of my own but i wouldn't dream of taking them into a restaurant or pub eating area where people are paying for a meal.

you may find that it is blind dogs and hearing dogs that can be allowed access and not just any old mutt !!

my dogs are lovely,clean and well trained but even they have problems with losing fur, flatulence and walking smells that i wouldn't want near me when i'm eating at home never mind in a pub.

besides that matter....where are all the comments from other diners..if this pub is so good then the landlord wants to make a point of asking them to leave feedback on here to counteract all the not so good comments from the last thread....

The Bridge Inn, can sum this place up easily AVOID, TERRIBLE, POOR SERVICE,

Went for a family celebration around 14 of us on a Sunday dinner , booked well in advance. got there ordered food then the waiter came back and 4 people had to choose again as there wasnt enough of what they ordered left, so they reordered these things happen 10 minutes later had too choose again.

When the starters arrived the soups were cold, the pate was only just edible the salad looked like it had been left in the sun a few days.

Then it came to the mains once again the food was just about warm, one of the children had ordered chicken nuggets he brought her fish fingers, which she didnt want, he returned this to the kitchen to only bring the same plate of food out again five minutes later saying who ordered the chicken nuggets which i informed the staff member that we had ordered the nuggets, her then placed the fish fingers infront of the child. So i informed him once again that she had ordered the nuggets, he then told me that she had ordered the fish, now i know she hadnt as i had placed the order, so once again told him to take it away and get her what she/I had ordered, guess what five minutes later he brought out the fish fingers again, now i bit my lip and told him very politely to fetch her what she/I had ordered. He then returned a couple of minutes later to say they didnt have any nuggets.

One of the children ended up with no lunch of her own and I ended up sharing my plate with her.

The bar there is also a joke, how they ever make any money with such an under stocked bar. only wanted some orange juice for the kids and the non drinker, no j20 no orange juice of any kind. but they had dilute which fair enough i thought so ordered that he then proceeded make the drinks the dilute came from what i could only say was an industrial sized plastic container.

The place has no class

Have a read of their fine dinning menu, there are enough spelling mistakes on it to confirm that it was either written by a four year old

This is an establishment that should be avoided

Well said Niko007..!!!!!!

you know the trumpet and the harmonicas you have for sale, i would offer them to the landlord at a discount price as from what i can gather he is leaving soon and may need another job...busking in the city centre may be !!

hopefully he will be a better musician than he is chef/landlord.....any requests lol

forgot to mention on the food note, a friend of mine called in with her friend and 2 children after walking the dogs.

2 pints of lager 2 jacket potatoes with cheese and beans and a plate of chips, how much ???

£18.00 can you believe that !!

on being served the food they were in for a shock .....takeaway from hutcliffe wood cremotorium...dried up and burnt.....inedible !!

no wonder they have no customers....would you go ?

A friend and I called in The Bridge at Ford earlier this month whilst on a walk and were really impressed. I think that maybe there has been a change in management from what some people have experienced. There was a separate area for walkers and cyclists etc and we were made very welcome and the food and drink we had was very nice and very reasonably priced. This was the area where dogs were also welcome but the main part of the pub is quite separate from this bit where those better attired went! I would certainly recommend others in similar circumstances as it made a very welcome lunch break on a beautiful walk

but even they have problems with losing fur, flatulence and walking smells

And somehow guide dogs, assistance dogs don't? :huh:

If you want a decent meal in Ridgeway - go to the Swan!

well i do hope the swan has started to do proper cooked food now and not two minute ding dings like it did a couple of years ago !!