Our Cow Molly Farm

I KNOW its a farm!!

It was sold to me as a farm first then a shop second but i think it should be the other way round, i think the ice cream sells the place to people,

I wanted the kids to see the farm animals, we didnt see many, no horses, cows, goats, donkeys, ect

after 15 minutes we were in the car heading for the next place, thats all im saying

Sold to you as a farm first, and what you got was a real working farm, horses and donkeys, although nice, are not really necessary animals for a food producing farm. They definitely have cows, to produce their milk and ice cream.

Thats my point, they probably have allot more animals but we only saw a small selection

The cows were probably being milked so they can keep up with food production

I nearly died from the cuteness!

Tempted to have that as my sig.....:P

We went today and were quite disappointed, there didnt appear to be much there, 4 chickens, 3 cow calfs, and a bunch of sheep in a field that wouldnt come anywhere near! to be honest i expected a bit more!

Words fail me on this one. :loopy:

We went today and were quite disappointed, there didnt appear to be much there, 4 chickens, 3 cow calfs, and a bunch of sheep in a field that wouldnt come anywhere near! to be honest i expected a bit more!

I'm really sorry you were dissapionted with our farm, we had considerd having lots of different animals but that would have ment having animals with no purpose other than for visitors pleasure, and then we would have to charge people to visit them like a zoo. As we are the cows produce milk, the sheep produce lambs and the hens eggs, all of which we can sell commercially which enables us to be free for anyone to visit.

I KNOW its a farm!!

It was sold to me as a farm first then a shop second but i think it should be the other way round, i think the ice cream sells the place to people,

I wanted the kids to see the farm animals, we didnt see many, no horses, cows, goats, donkeys, ect

after 15 minutes we were in the car heading for the next place, thats all im saying

I'm sorry you missed the cows they were all in the field, next time if you ask where they are someone will point you in the direction and you and your family can go in the field with our 80 cows, we try and keep them visible but when they have eaten the grass in the fields nearest the shop we have to swap fields to let the grass grow again, Tommy the goat is in the ice cream garden (where the bouncy castle is at weekends)

We don't have any donkeys or horses as they don't have any purpose on a working Dairy Farm, if all our animals cover their own keep then everyone can visit our farm free.

The cows are milked at 4.30pm and if you ask someone will show you where to watch.

We will try and make it clearer where all the animals are in the future.

I'm really sorry you were dissapionted with our farm, we had considerd having lots of different animals but that would have ment having animals with no purpose other than for visitors pleasure, and then we would have to charge people to visit them like a zoo. As we are the cows produce milk, the sheep produce lambs and the hens eggs, all of which we can sell commercially which enables us to be free for anyone to visit.

Please don't change (*) - I like you just as you are.:cool:

*apart from adding even more delicious flavours!:P

I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you OCM!!!

People flock to your farm because of the great ice cream, sorbets, fresh eggs and other fab local produce, seeing the farm animals is just a bonus in my eyes!!

I'm sure if xstitcher wants to see more animals then there are plenty of other places they could visit!! :roll:

Keep up the good work, will be nipping up again soon, hope you have the Rhubarb flavour on sale! :)

Please don't change (*) - I like you just as you are.:cool:

*apart from adding even more delicious flavours!:P

We don't ever ever ever intend to !

I'm looking out our front window and I think there are almost as many children in the front field as there are lambs, it's wonderful to see :)

Thanks for the explanation, I will find a petting farm next time (which being new to the area is what I thought OCM was) but I am indeed entitled to an opinion through this forum, I wasnt being unkind, I never said it was not worth visitng, I just said it wasnt what I expected, and I thought I should let people know if you want lots of animals this is not the place, if you want icecream on the otherhand give it a visit...