Our Cow Molly Farm

In what way do they actually 'advertise'?

:hihi::hihi:

Best reply ever!

You're being sarcastic right?

:hihi::hihi:

Best reply ever!

You're being sarcastic right?

No I'm not. I'm asking for examples of pure advertising.

No I'm not. I'm asking for examples of pure advertising.

Gone from just "advertising" to "pure advertising" now?

Make your mind up.

After a quick search, here are just a few posts made, one has actually been locked stating:

"If you wish to use the forum to advertise your product - please use the advertising button at the bottom of this page."

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=271829

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=292191

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=259481

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=798676

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=520559

The last link i'm borderline with as it was all for the cause of Sheffield Childrens Hospital but they still admit they shouldn't be doing it:

"I know this is a bit of an advert and the Forum admin don't like that but the more people veiw this the more money we will be able to raise for the Hospital so I hope its ok :thumbsup:".

After a quick search, here are just a few posts made, one has actually been locked stating:

"If you wish to use the forum to advertise your product - please use the advertising button at the bottom of this page."

The last link i'm borderline with as it was all for the cause of Sheffield Childrens Hospital but they still admit they shouldn't be doing it:

"I know this is a bit of an advert and the Forum admin don't like that but the more people veiw this the more money we will be able to raise for the Hospital so I hope its ok :thumbsup:".

Sorry, I don't see any of those as blatant advertising. Especially not the one that was closed which was asking about coffee shops! Bizarre. They're telling us about events at the farm, all of which are free. No-one is saying 'you must come up here and eat our ice cream'. More power to them I say.

Personally i dont mind at all how many times OCM advertises their business,

Thats not really fair on the ones who do pay SF to advertise on here.

Make your mind up.....

Sorry, I don't see any of those as blatant advertising. Especially not the one that was closed which was asking about coffee shops! Bizarre. They're telling us about events at the farm, all of which are free. No-one is saying 'you must come up here and eat our ice cream'. More power to them I say.

I don't really mind, but come on you're kidding right?

The 3rd one down is blatant as blatant can be.

Make your mind up.....

I did.

:D ..

I dont mind cos i dont pay to advertsie.

At the same time its not really fair on the people who do pay to advertise.

Do you see?

I didnt say blatant advertising but it's advertising all the same. The coffee shop one was closed and the mod gave a reason of advertising so ask him not me. They don't have to say, eat our Ice Cream to sell Ice Cream. Bring you're kids to see our farm with cow's etc...Oh and btw, we sell Ice Cream which i'm sure you're mardy kids will want to try. Kherching £££

They don't make money on people looking at their cow's, they make it on their Ice Cream, Milk, Meat and whatever else they sell.

This thread is making me laugh............whilst OCM is raking it in with this free publicity:D

**wonders** Should I offer my company as sponsor to OCM, they seem to be going places:hihi:

Hi Some folk just don't understand that they are just baby's, that's why Open Farm Sunday is so important its our chance as farmers to spend time explaining the whole farm. https://www.facebook.com/events/397022707077201/

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 22:02 ----------

I beg to differ on the ice cream choices!

Cherry Coke & Ferrero Rocher are honestly, the best ice cream of all time.. closely followed by Cora's Chaos and JRP/Bakewell Tart.

They are all superb may I add but Cherry Coke is something else!

DEFFO worth a trip up-to the farm!

Have you tried the Sheffield Honey ripple, its made from bee's that fly amongst our cows in the fields.

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 22:07 ----------

The two times recently I've been to the farm, I've failed to find any cows at all! There was a few calves in the shed, a couple of cocks and some sheep. Where do I find the cows?

If you ask we can point you to the field there in we have 80 somewhere :-)

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 22:13 ----------

I think this whole forum should be renamed "The Our Cow Molly Free Advertising Forum"

Everyone else has to pay a fiver a week to advertise and even then they don't get lots of threads on the main page.

The Moderators are very fair, if I've overstepped the mark (which I have done in the past) my post has been deleted, as I understand it discussions & answering questions is ok, but if I was to start promoting our latest offers etc that would not be. We don't charge to families to visit our farm & don't look to sell anything on the forum.

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 22:25 ----------

Unreal how people can have a dig about the odd plug, I for one am very proud of Our Cow Molly for what they have achieved in creating a spot on the map for Sheffield as well as flying the flag for farmers. You have to admit that what they have achieved is magnificent, they have created numerous great products as well as created a great day out for the family.

Only been twice but regularly pick up a tub from Loxley on my way back from the garden centre, will make a trip back up to the farm when the weather picks up however.

Thank you, that's very kind. We saw our Uncles Sheffield dairy farm close their bottling dairy at Christmas they supplied much more milk then we do to door steps all over Crosspool & fullwood its such a shame but makes me & my brother work harder so we can pass our dairy farm on to our children, it just wouldn't seen right if the greenest city didn't have a dairy farm.

Its Open Farm Sunday this sunday we are doing tours all day if you want to see what we do day to day.

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 22:58 ----------

On Sunday (June 9th) it is National Open Farm Sunday - we are taking part.

There will be no cost to come to the farm, no cost to park, no cost to go on the tours of the milking parlour & inside our dairy, we wont sell you bags of food to feed the animals etc, its a day all about asking questions about where your food comes from & how we care for our animals. there has been some concern that some view our posts as adverts, I'm sorry some fell like that, yes there are "things" you can buy on the farm but we are more than happy for you to visit this annual event for nowt & spend nowt :-)

This is a link to Open Farm Sunday at our farm if you would like to know more: https://www.facebook.com/events/397022707077201/

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 23:01 ----------

On Sunday (June 9th) it is National Open Farm Sunday - we are taking part.

There will be no cost to come to the farm, no cost to park, no cost to go on the tours of the milking parlour & inside our dairy, we wont sell you bags of food to feed the animals etc, its a day all about asking questions about where your food comes from & how we care for our animals. there has been some concern that some view our posts as adverts, I'm sorry some fell like that, yes there are "things" you can buy on the farm but we are more than happy for you to visit this annual event for nowt & spend nowt :-)

This is a link to Open Farm Sunday at our farm if you would like to know more: https://www.facebook.com/events/397022707077201/