F1 2011 Season Thread

I'm really glad the last GP was cancelled. I like the Aussie GP starting off the year and I like the Brazil GP finishing it.

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to Brundel as the main commentator with Coultard as the co-com but I shall reserve judgment until the first 5 mins of commentary and proclaim them rubbish, as usual.

If anybody ever got irritated by the continual explaining of what the different coloured rings on the tyres were over the last few seasons then this one is going to be stroke inducing.

Lets hope we have another cracking season.

I'm really glad the last GP was cancelled. I like the Aussie GP starting off the year and I like the Brazil GP finishing it.

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to Brundel as the main commentator with Coultard as the co-com but I shall reserve judgment until the first 5 mins of commentary and proclaim them rubbish, as usual.

If anybody ever got irritated by the continual explaining of what the different coloured rings on the tyres were over the last few seasons then this one is going to be stroke inducing.

Lets hope we have another cracking season.

Fully agree!

I love the chaos Melbourne brings to the start of the season, it should be a really good first race (this year!).

As for the commentators, we've now got two experts and no anchor man! They need a commentary team like 5live have got with David Croft and Anthony Davidson.

I cant wait for Sundays Grand prix....It has got much better these last few season now there is some competition. Far too boring when its just one team winning all the time.

Stroll on. Wont come quick enough for me :)

There is a belief across the paddock that tyre management and strategy will be a key factor in determining the outcome of races this season as the Pirellis have been designed to degrade much more quickly and have greater performance differentials than Bridgestone's rubber.

Hopefully plays straight in to Buttons hands :)

Hopefully plays straight in to Buttons hands :)

Although after the first practice session all drivers were saying the tire degredation was far better than they were concerned about. This is despite Vettel hitting something on the track and taking a *huge* lump out of the surface of the tyre.

At the moment they're expecting about 17 laps on the hard tyres, although apparently the tyres "drop off a cliff" when they've been on too long, meaning the drivers are going to have to learn the signs of when the tyres are too degraded - could be some interesting last minute pit stops coming up!

In other news from the practice session, Vettel running a race simulation, only using the rear wing device on the main straight, was nearly 5 seconds off the pace of drivers using it whenever they wanted (which they are permitted to do in practice sessions including qualifying) [he was fueled up for an extended stint though].

wait for tomorrows qualifying, them its make you mind up time this is when it counts .........

hmmmm maybe we should offer F1 on a big screen at our experience venue???

Some of the Odeon places used to offer it on HD and big screens a couple of years ago. Not sure if they still do. It did cost 20 quid a ticket

The commentry is rubbish

Yeah Martins voice is very annoying the more you hear him.

Anyway good qualifying session as expected Red Bull are still the team to beat.

Good to see the Ferrari's struggle and that the McLarens seem to be better on track than they were in testing.

Hopefully Lewis and Jenson can give the Red Bulls a fight since it seems the McLaren can handle the tyres better over a longer period.

Edited by Bladesman