Help with double vision

A friend of mine had that problem but after going to the Hospital and seeking expert advice, he is now back to normal after around four weeks.

A friend of mine had that problem but after going to the Hospital and seeking expert advice, he is now back to normal after around four weeks.

Was the expert advice from the hospital, or from another source?

I have had a very helpful conversation with the op Graham, who told me of his experience with dv.

I am reassured by reading/hearing that most cases seem to be temporary, from a few weeks to four months. I hope I will be back to normal fairly soon.

Was the expert advice from the hospital, or from another source?

I have had a very helpful conversation with the op Graham, who told me of his experience with dv.

I am reassured by reading/hearing that most cases seem to be temporary, from a few weeks to four months. I hope I will be back to normal fairly soon.

GOING TO THE HOSPITAL AND SEEKING EXPERT ADVICE just how much clearer do you want it?

Edited by lazarus

GOINT TO THE HOSPITAL AND SEEKING EXPERT ADVICE just how much clearer do you want it?

You didn't have to shout.

The two phrases could quite easily be separate events.

You didn't have to shout.

The two phrases could quite easily be separate events.

The "AND" links one event.

I have had a problem with my 6th nerve and had very bad double vision for some months. I also kept asking how long it would last and the answer was "everybody is different".

In my case I found the strong fresnal lenses to be hopeless and just wore an eye patch instead. You get used to using one eye very quickly and it can be easier than the lenses. The lenses where strong and so were a bit too fuzzy.

In my case it got gradually better but I still needed an eye patch about 6 months later. Then one day it started to get better very quickly over a single day. Within a few days I could ditch the eye patch.

I still have less vision over to the extreme left but it doesn't bother me much.

Thanks for that Ken.

I am wondering whether to try and see the optometrist earlier as I'm not sure the Fresnel lens is doing me much good. I am constantly having to move my head this way or that t get a reasonably clear vision. I can only take comfort from the experiences of others who all find it gets better in varying lengths of time. I am going to try and fix myself a patch and try that.

Thanks for that Ken.

I am wondering whether to try and see the optometrist earlier as I'm not sure the Fresnel lens is doing me much good. I am constantly having to move my head this way or that t get a reasonably clear vision. I can only take comfort from the experiences of others who all find it gets better in varying lengths of time. I am going to try and fix myself a patch and try that.

I think it depends how strong the lenses will need to be. If they are really strong then it is pretty bad, but if they are fairly week then they might be OK. All these things are always a matter of personal experience and it also matters what sort of work you do. I just found it easier (although certainly not easy) using one eye.

Thanks for that Ken.

It could be that the frenel isn't fitted in the right place if it's clear in a certain place, but not in the natural place. Seek advice sooner if it is not settling, then maybe suggest patching.

Thank you, I will ring the hospital in the morning. Fortunately I'm retired so don't have to worry about work.