Help with double vision

hi i was wondering if anyone had suffered with double vision in the past what caused it how long did it last i started with double vision when i was driving to work on the 21st of december i managed to get to work and work a did a full day at work then go home ok i work at halfway and live in shiregreen so it was a bit of a challenge.i went to accident and emergency that night and they kept me in they thought id had a slight stroke nothing showed up on all the scans i had so let me out after 3 days ive since found out that i have had a bleed on the sixth nerve.ive still got double vision and have been told it could take up to 12months before it gets better.what i was wondering if anyone had suffered something similar

sound slike the morning after, the night before. Keep off vodka

:

sound slike the morning after, the night before. Keep off vodka

sorry mate i dont drink :huh::loopy:

I am bringing up this subject again as I have just developed double vision. I have been given glasses with a prism in one lens (which are plain glass) which are some help, but I am still very uneasy when I go out. The glasses mean I have no peripheral vision and this makes trying to cross roads really hard.

I am even wondering whether I should get a white stick.

Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, have you any helpful ideas.

Please don't reply with any funny comments, it would be more than I can cope with just now. In fact I am scared this will be permanent, and I don't know how to manage.

Is it double vision if you cover one eye and look with just one?

Yes, that is what happens. It is very disorienting.

Hi I suffered with double vision and had the glasses with the prism.I always crossed the road on the crossing.I was told try to keep my head straight,and move my head slowly when looking to the left or right.

go and see your doctor asap, or alternatively, go to the eye casualty at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital.

Your vision is precious, don't waste your time seeking advice from a forum, get proper medical advice ASAP.

go and see your doctor asap, or alternatively, go to the eye casualty at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital.

Your vision is precious, don't waste your time seeking advice from a forum, get proper medical advice ASAP.

Minimo has clearly already seen at least an optician and presumably a doctor, seeing as how they have prism glasses.

I would echo Plain Talker.

Get down to the eye clinic at the Hallamshire.

They'll diagnose the problem and say what needs to be done.

I have seen a doctor and an optometrist at the RHS. I have the prism glasses, which help somewhat, but nothing else was offered ie why it had happened, and what might happen next. I was really asking for advice from anyone who has the same problem, and can suggest helpful tips and perhaps if they have found it to be permanent or not,

I have been pming lyndyloo who has told me of her experience, many thanks to her.

This is such an unexpected thing to happen, and is going to take some getting used to.

Edited by Minimo
small correction