NHS spending just £1 on each meal - less than half that spent on prisoners

NHS spending just £1 on each meal it serves up - less than half that spent on PRISONERS

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1368481/Nutrition-NHS-patients-fed-1-meals-hospitals-budget-just-HALF-spent-prisoner-food.html#ixzz1HHDdlcm0

£2.10 a meal in prison?

3 a day seven times a week? £44.10?

They must be eating better than those on the dole.

Self-catering always has been the better option in hospitals.

It sounds horrible when put in to context like that. But unfortunately the associated costs of keeping someone in prison are much less than caring for someone in hospital. Spending £1 rather than £5 hopefully ensures a greatr level of care.

NHS spending just £1 on each meal it serves up - less than half that spent on PRISONERS

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1368481/Nutrition-NHS-patients-fed-1-meals-hospitals-budget-just-HALF-spent-prisoner-food.html#ixzz1HHDdlcm0

£2.10 a meal in prison?

lets put all the sick people in prison[with all the benefits that entails--free telly, free leisure activities etc.] put all the cons in hospital and listen for the cons screaming!

Beside television costs a fortune in hopsital too....:|

It sounds horrible when put in to context like that. But unfortunately the associated costs of keeping someone in prison are much less than caring for someone in hospital. Spending £1 rather than £5 hopefully ensures a greatr level of care.

false economy. People getting poor food in hospital will get iller or have longer recovery times. Food is a basic human need. Spending isn't even the issue. Labour struck again and built brand spanking new hospitals without kitchens so the food is cooked, frozen/dried and then reheated on a trolley for hours. Its so woefully inadequate it would almost be funny..... if it wasn't affecting lives

Think how cheap it is to batch cook chilli and soup etc, salad requires little prep but would be much nicer than the sandwiches I saw in hospital. The menu has a ridiculous number of items on it all equally disgusting, although I think actually the first thing you got told on entering the hospital was DO NOT order the fish and chips (maybe there was a winner)

There was a dispatches on this recently which seemed to sum up my boyfs experiences well!

Edited by llamatron

£2.10 a meal in prison?

If you think that is bad the budget for primary school meals in Sheffield is just 24 pence per head.

If you think that is bad the budget for primary school meals in Sheffield is just 24 pence per head.

i hope not as they charge us £1.90 a DAY!!! in primary school

i hope not as they charge us £1.90 a DAY!!! in primary school

I know tell me about it. It galls me to pay nearly two quid per day knowing they have to provide it for only 24 pence. We now do packed lunches most of the time.

I know tell me about it. It galls me to pay nearly two quid per day knowing they have to provide it for only 24 pence. We now do packed lunches most of the time.

Somebody must be making a profit out of such a situation.