Why does Avast suddenly hate SF?

There's a slight difference. Mine was the specific URL as detected by Avast in Megalithic's post. The downloaded files are different if you look. ;)

Yes I saw lol, but it's splitting hairs considering that it's the same false positive in both cases. Avast webshield blocked both 'forumdisplay.php' and 'showthread.php'.

If you go back to the original website scan, and click on the 'View downloaded file analysis':

http://www.virustotal.com/url-scan/report.html?id=d4e6495d892c994c858053146ee9471c-1300737183

Anyway, the main point was a gentle rebuttal of your suggestion that no one was concerned whether or not the threat was real :P

Same problem here 2 other pcs were fine 10 mins ago until M/S upgrades and a flash player upgrade did remove 3 trojans on this one with avast.Still same though sorry got to dash hope it gets sorted

Spybot is still useful for its browser and hosts immunisations; most don't bother with the scanner (although it's recently been updated and is significantly faster). Malwarebytes won't help prevent a web-based infection, unless you are using the realtime guard from it.

You need to add the exclusion correctly:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/* and it's fine

Didn't for me I'm afraid. I had to enter http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/* to get mine to work

i added that * url next to the original url in my how to post

i added that * url next to the original url in my how to post

Sorted!

Cheers.

It's still detecting a threat - but I think it's one of the adverts - "UAC advertising wrap" or somesuch

It's still detecting a threat - but I think it's one of the adverts - "UAC advertising wrap" or somesuch

can you narrow it down to a page??

ive only really been on a couple of the main forum sections and mines done nowt

can you narrow it down to a page??

ive only really been on a couple of the main forum sections and mines done nowt

My comp is doing alright but when I fixed Rivelin's avast problem SF loaded ok but the avast popup still appears and one of the adverts down the left hand side is blocked.

My comp is doing alright but when I fixed Rivelin's avast problem SF loaded ok but the avast popup still appears and one of the adverts down the left hand side is blocked.

ah yeah thats blocked on mine too :P

It's not working on my laptop either!avast again,just won't let me access Sheffield forum,I'm on my iPhone.

It's not working on my laptop either!avast again,just won't let me access Sheffield forum,I'm on my iPhone.

try this

lucky you for the iphone, prolly thousands out there that cant suddenly access the forum and no idea why

try this

lucky you for the iphone, prolly thousands out there that cant suddenly access the forum and no idea why

Yeah, i've been watching for Ghozer, Medusa etc to log in so i can pm them, but they aren't here.

How sad is it that people are out doing stuff instead of being glued to their pc. :suspect::D

Yeah, i've been watching for Ghozer,. :suspect::D

Spoke too soon. :D