Is there any point in getting married?

I bet that she is the only one who will put up with you!:hihi:

I think my wife says she stays with me because she loves me and that i always make her laugh and am forever surprising her with things. but you also be right artifact. I think being able to laugh at things and keep surprising you partner is a major thing in marriage rather let it get humdrum and just an existence. in fact my friends wife once said to my wife, is he this funny all the time and joking about, she thought it was lovely

Awwwwwwwwwww....sentimentalists are my favourite types of people.....sometimes.:)

Well, what other reason would there be to get married? I genuinely cannot abide by people who do it for money/security or for any other reason than the fact that they have met the one they want to spend the rest of their life with.

Think of all the presents you'll miss out on Jessica. It's not cheap furnishing your first home you know, besides , marraige will give you an excuse to put weight on:D

If there's a more depressing thing in existence than the wedding list, I don't want to know about it. And I certainly don't need any excuses for putting weight on :hihi:

I don't see the point in getting married.

I do see the point in finding someone you want to spend a long time with and perhaps have a family with, though. Just not the state-or-church-approved rituals associated with same.

I thought like this until my OH asked me - and then I did want to marry. It just felt right. 20 years on it still does.

Well, what other reason would there be to get married? I genuinely cannot abide by people who do it for money/security or for any other reason than the fact that they have met the one they want to spend the rest of their life with.

Love is the best reason to get married. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.:love:

Love is the best reason to get married. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.:love:

I still remember those four little words I said when I proposed to our lass.

"you're not are you"

Marriage is a good thing, I love being married the love I feel for my oh outweighs anything else.His love his belief in me never wavers.I hope we both feel the same in 20 years.

I still remember those four little words I said when I proposed to our lass.

"you're not are you"

HEY...come on now! You are in love and have been for many years. It is the best way to live.

I think a lot of people get married for the DAY and not for a lifetime...

HEY...come on now! You are in love and have been for many years. It is the best way to live.

it certainly is. i must admit when ive had a bad day at work i just cant wait to get home and give the mrs a hug, it just lets me know what my main priority in my life is and why i go to work

With the right partener being married is the best way to live, with the wrong partener it is the worst.

I think a lot of people get married for the DAY and not for a lifetime...

So true.........