Dogwood, willow, birch all things twig-florist in need of forum gardener

Hello,

I am a florist and am building my art portfolio, I am really interested in weaving and making structures out of dogwood, willow, hazel and birch. I have been buying all these from the dutch flower market but was wondering whether any gardeners on here were clearing out interesting twigs. I am currently designing quite a large piece so would be grateful for any taller pieces of willow etc. The willow etc. I buy is very mass manufactured and as a result quite a standard length width and curvyness and to be honest is a bit dull. I would of course in return for the donation, give you a beautiful flower arrangement and I will clear the willow area and take away in my van.

Many Thanks,

Emma

I will have a look but I think mine was cut down in winter as its in my hedge. Mine is the contorted willow.

I have some big palm leaves (like fans) I'm going to cut down if you want those to dry.

thanks chez, are you in sheffield? big palms sound good, I could do some plaiting with those.

thanks chez, are you in sheffield? big palms sound good, I could do some plaiting with those.

I live on the edge of Sheffield just off junction 31 of the M1. Where abouts in Sheffield are you? Am I too far away or do you want the palm leaves?

I am on abbeydale road but do some deliveries that side, will you be chopping them off this week?

Do you want them freshly chopped off? It will be done in the next few weeks but I'm not desperate to do it on any particular day if you would rather have them fresh. They are a bit tough for me to chop off so I need a bit of notice to get my hubby to cut them off for me.

thanks chez, i will fit around you, as i have no deadline,just email me on [email protected] or call on 0114 2014049 when you have cut them and i will come and collect at your convenience. Thanks for the offer if it looks to be too much trouble for you no problem.

We've just cut down a large established buddleia, the branches are all about 6' long and just budding. Any good? I'm just off junc 1 M18.

Hello,

will buddlea dry? I am really after some materials that dry for twisting and weaving. I am sorry,but I am not sure it will be quite right. Thanks though (I don't want to sound ungrateful)

emma