Art/Drawing Classes for children

Hi,

My daughter is 6 years old is very good at drawing, mainly people/animals.

Are there any out of school classes I can take her to?

Nicky

I would be interested in this too, my grand daughter is a keen and rather good artist (she's just 10) and we are looking for an art group/class for her to join.

I know a very good art teach who is Steiner Trained and is running Dragon Arts as a Summer holiday club for 6-11 yrs, which will be running this year at Endcliffe Methodist Church Hall on Ecclesall Road, near Hunters Bar for 3 weeks.

1-3rd August

8-10th Auust

15-17th August

It runs 10-3pm each day and children have to attend a whole week which costs £50.

Her name is Colette Cameron and she has a website - look up Dragon Arts

Hi,

I have just started some art classes for 7-11's and 9-14's. I also run family based sessions and summer holiday Day workshops (9-15).

I am a fully qualified and experienced teacher of art and design (PGCE), and a professional artist (BA hons Fine Art).

My classes are fun and friendly but also we learn techniques and skills using a variety of materials: painting, drawing, printmaking as well as some craft (clay work, papier mache, felt-making). Not just cutting and sticking!

Groups are small, I'm CRB checked and have spacious purpose built studio...

I have a website if you are interested,,,but cannot post it on forum yet. Can finf me on help yourself website (sheff city council).

Regards

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

I'm very interested! My daughter loves anything creative. Please will you pm me more info, or a contact number.

Thanks

Nicky

Hi,

I am not allowed to post you my website address (as I need to post 5 replies on the forum first - and have onl;y just joined). You can find my website address on "Netmums Sheffield" (use google) or the Sheffield council "Help yourself" website (again google). ALternatively, using the old three w's then : the little art studio. co. uk (only, no gaps, you will find me if you use the address bar - NOT google).

This way you can browse at your leisure, read all about me and the stuff we do and contact me with any questions....

Ellie

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 16:44 ----------

...actually. have just checked the "Sheffield Help Yourself" website and will be appearing in the next couple of days on that as I only gave them all of my details a week ago and it takes a few days for them to do all the checks etc, (administration). Not sure though if it will be under my surname (Somerset) or my "the little art studio" name. If you have any problems finding my site to browse at your own pace, please let me know and I will just give you my mobile number...

Ellie

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 16:58 ----------

Hi I might be able to put down my website address now - if helpful...

http://www.thelittleartstudio.co.uk

hi how much for 3 children

Hi Elles, 

Is "The Little Art Studio" still going, If so how do I get in touch with you as the website phone number doesn't seem to work and nobody has got back to me on the contact me form.

Kind Regards

Chris