Does Hillsbrough Park need a cafe?

The toilets are already as close to the playground as possible!! I don't think most people actually realise that there are public toilets open during the day up at the pavilion at the top of the payground where the bowling greens are. They are lovely and clean too :-)

But they are all locked up on Sundays which is the last time my lad needed the toilet - it was before 4pm too. When are these open as they are often not when we need them?

Truely Scrumptous opened opposite the library only a few months ago and seems to have picked up that niche.

I would say that unless you've got the pockets to compete with an Arctic Monkeys-financed business (it's owned by the Helders family), you've probably missed the boat.

im thinking of looking into renting that disused park lodge and turning it into a cafe does hillsbrough park need it!!!!!

Go for it! It's next to the car park and should make a packet on match days on top of the usual clientelle that use the park. However don't serve crap at cheap prices and think that's the way to be successful. Good quality food at a fair price is the way to go if you're in it for the long haul.

I agree with bus man and you should also have outdoor seating for the warmer days and because it will be in a park you should also have a child's menu.

Yes a cafe in Hillsborough Park would be great, an other park that would be great to have a cafe in it would be Oughtibridge Park.

Truely Scrumptous opened opposite the library only a few months ago and seems to have picked up that niche.

I would say that unless you've got the pockets to compete with an Arctic Monkeys-financed business (it's owned by the Helders family), you've probably missed the boat.

it's not *in* the park though, is it? the key with a park cafe is to be able to get a cup of tea / coffee within site of the kids playing, or sit outside it while the sprogs are playing football - and dodging accross one road and up another rules it out for me!

that alone (plus the horid purple and green colour mix on the generic looking sign ;)) puts me off. and it's always closed when i walk past it in the morning, rendering it useless for me as someone who walks past it daily.

(hopefully not offending anyone, but the recent explosion of cafe's in hillsborough has left me stumped. if you have that much competition, you've gotta have a USP, and they all look middle of the road.)

Who said enterprise was dead eh? you go for it fella :thumbsup:

I would say it could work if kept secure.

bwelow are some modified tips

The successful ones seem to work by providing:

Good meals at affordable prices from 12-2

Snacks outside 12-2

A stable menu but with daily one offs

A wide range of food

seasonal food

No Radio Hallam

Quick friendly service.

Disabled Access.

Toilets - again including disabled .

Regular and reliable opening times .

Parking nearby.

Finally link up with other cafes and avoid duplication

agree a cafe would be good in the park !!!

Go to have coffee or tea cheap price tho -now thats a must:hihi::hihi:

Yes a cafe in Hillsborough Park would be great, an other park that would be great to have a cafe in it would be Oughtibridge Park - but, that will NEVER happen in Oughtibridge will it? ...... It might attract kids/youth and we can't have that!!!