Does Hillsbrough Park need a cafe?

it would only work if you opened it then came back on here with a "I went to hillsborough cafe today and it is the best food I have tasted in my life" thread.

I know it's not in the park, but a cafe has just opened opposite Hillsborough junior school. It's the new building on the site that used to be the old police building, next to Gas Flair (outside the Wednesday ground).

It's the new building on the site that used to be the old police building, next to Gas Flair
I think it's called the Riverside cafe. We went there on Saturday for breakfast & coffee, it's really nice inside and the food was excellent, well priced too.

agree a cafe would be good in the park !!!

Go to have coffee or tea cheap price tho -now thats a must:hihi::hihi:

well, guess that's a likely problem - sell rubbish for buttons, or put off the tight fisted folk by selling better quality at a reasonable price! ;)

i'd say if you're going to sell instant coffee and cheapo teabags in styrofoam cups, then i wont pay more than 50p.

preferably, you'll sell me a nice cup of real filter coffee in a real mug for £1.50

same goes for the food - fresh and local, i'll pay more. cheap cash and carry mush, and i'll bring a picnic.

part of the library I think was up for sale / lease about 3 years back for the purpose of a Cafe. I know cause my wife and Sister were looking into the possibility of taking it on. Obviously nothing came of this.

Hillsborough Park is a fantastic space and not enough is made of it.

A cafe would be a definate decent addition.

yeah it would be a great thing to do

Does Hillsborough park need boat loads of rubbish floating about...

Er, let me think... :huh:

Hasn't a new cafe opened up recently on Parkside Road next SWFC South stand entrance?

Hasn't a new cafe opened up recently on Parkside Road next SWFC South stand entrance?

see posts 26 and 27..

I would love to see a cafe in Hillsborough park