Does Hillsbrough Park need a cafe?

im thinking of looking into renting that disused park lodge and turning it into a cafe does hillsbrough park need it!!!!!

Yes it does iv said loads off times that it should be turned into a cafe because there is no where while the children play no toilets nothing so yes i think :)

Is it the one at the bus stops on Penistone Road? I don't think it located well for a cafe as its a walk from the playing area and car park. On the other hand passing motorist who know where the car park is could park up if they fancy a 2 minute walk.

Is it the one next to the Library? If so then yes!

i was thinking about the one on penistone road side

There are toilets in the park already in the Pavillion but yes, a cafe is much needed in there. Most other parks seem to have them and I am sure it would be well used.

The bigger one nearer the library is closer to the kids park for parents but I could see the other working as its near the carpark.

I think it needs a cafe and toilets but it should be nearer the play area for easy access like the one in Graves Park or at Rivelin.

The toilets are already as close to the playground as possible!! I don't think most people actually realise that there are public toilets open during the day up at the pavilion at the top of the payground where the bowling greens are. They are lovely and clean too :-)

Yes, there should be. I work just across from the park and on nice sunny days I'd love to go into a cafe in the park rather walk into hillsborough. I know quite a few people that also would use it. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. :D

If you are thinking of opening a café for the park then you need to look at other park café's.

The successful ones seem to work by providing:

• Good Quality meals at affordable prices (to attract a regular clientèle).
    • Snacks / cakes for people who want a drink and something to eat.
    • A stable menu but with specials so it doesn't get boring.
    • A wide range of food to attract both the standard fare i.e. home made pies etc.
    • Cold drinks in summer .
    • Hot drinks in winter.
    • Ice Creams in summer (or when it gets a bit warmer).
    • Quick friendly service - if you only want an ice cream, and you have to join the meal queue then you don't bother waiting.
    • Pleasant & Clean surrounding's .
    • Disabled Access.
    • Toilets - again including disabled .
    • Regular and reliable opening times .
    • Parking near by preferably in site of the café - to attract delivery drivers/ Reps.

Good luck , remember that in regard to parking there is , I believe , a plan by Sheffield council to start charging for car parking in parks.

You will also have to take security into account as by there nature park cafés are a magnet for break ins and vandalism, grills at the windows all the times may keep the idiots out but will it attract customers !

Edited by bus man
dupelicated word removed