Starting my new job bit nervous

i start my new job in the police force on wednesday , after 20 yrs of my current job i had "had enough" so my brother in law who is a sergeant in the force talked me into it , the thing i am asking is , ....what do the general public really think about the service the police provide ?

If you are starting the new job next week and seriously want to know what people think should you not have asked this before taking the job? I dont see how comments now can help-- you are in it ,good or bad.

Good luck in your new job,Get in there and make a differance,the police do a good job despite what some say on here.

I have very mixed feelings about the police, I have seen some absolutely appalling behaviour by coppers who have abused their position, but I have also seen some fantastic deeds done by the police.

Not a job I would choose to do myself, if you do join up I sincerely hope your one of the good guys and not one of those idiot coppers.

.....................I have always been pro police. Would YOU llike to scrape people of the pavement after a skin full of beer, go to a family to let them a family member has been killed, be spat at etc etc? There are rogues in all walks of life and I daresay the police force is no exception. I think they do a good job in very difficult times. Any dealings I have had with the police have been good.

So, to the OP I say good luck in your new career, I think you will need it!!!e

They are not coppers any more they are just glorified debt collectors now.

What job is it that you're doing? Like someone said earlier they're cutting back on civvy jobs and making redundancies, nothings been advertised for months, and when talking to a wpc a few months ago she said there were people who had been accepted as officers 2 years ago who were still waiting for their training dates, is this a case of 'it's not what you know but who you know?'

I wish you luck in your new career but as someone who has been waiting ages for recruitment to be advertised, i do, by my own admission feel a little disgruntled..

i start my new job in the police force on wednesday , after 20 yrs of my current job i had "had enough" so my brother in law who is a sergeant in the force talked me into it , the thing i am asking is , ....what do the general public really think about the service the police provide ?

Sorry but this is implausible

1.Cuts means there has been a FREEZE ON RECRUITS

2.You must be at leasr 36 and ntherefore too,lold to be recruited

3.If you were in any doubt about the validity of the service you would have been outed by now

I think you are a plant to stir up comments.

My thoughts exactly..however I don't think there's a upper age limit anymore to join, anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong,,

Sorry but this is implausible

1.Cuts means there has been a FREEZE ON RECRUITS

2.You must be at leasr 36 and ntherefore too,lold to be recruited

3.If you were in any doubt about the validity of the service you would have been outed by now

At my place of work, we are working with a large police force to improve their online recruitment procedures. There isn't a freeze at the minute.

to be honest if you are nervous about being a copper you should not be one

all good coppers have very high confidence.