Recommended second hand car dealers please

all second hand car salesmen are dodgy lol i worked at vw for 7 years and there just as bad !!!!

hello cch motors on abbey dale road. lovely fella there. really helpful. nice clean cars. good luck.

noyland & rhodes,broadfield road,excellent reputation

They are all nice people when they are after your money,after a life time in the motor trade I can count the good ones on one hand and still have a few spare fingers which arent burnt.

They are all nice people when they are after your money,after a life time in the motor trade I can count the good ones on one hand and still have a few spare fingers which arent burnt.

never a truer word said , and ive been in the motor trade 20 yrs repairing them

all second hand car salesmen are dodgy lol i worked at vw for 7 years and there just as bad !!!!

What a massive paint brush you have there!

Car supermarkets are the most over priced generally and as people say there only aim is to get your cash and shove you out the door! hence why they all boast this drive away in an hour sales pitch! that alone should scream RUN, they don't do after sale servicing or anything as they have no interest in you once the finance pays out - Next customer

Main dealers are ok if you want a new car or a year old as they are backed up by original manufacturers warranty and any issues will be fixed at there cost and the dealer gets a nice steady flow of work from a massive customer with a big cheque book, how ever you will probably pay slightly more for the car but can be worth piece of mind

anything 3 years and older that has no remaining original warranty you want a good independent dealer as they buy there cars in at trade price and have a few £££ to throw at them before sale to make then as close to 100% as they can, also are bound by law to a certain level of after service and get a decent one and you will be fine

Private sellers tend to ignore slight issues as they know by the time the new buyer has spotted them your a long way away without a leg to stand on as its sold as seen privately, but you can normally get a better price and might land on a car that has had a great history

My personel recommendation is STB on Penistone RD.

I'll be the second person to reccomend auriga.

Heard only good reports about them.

Woodseats Motors on Woodseats Road, I can only speak as I find, but Mick has done everything in his power to help me and my son, we bought a Toyota from him two years ago, we needed a new battery but couldn't fit it, so he sent a guy up to my home to pick the car up, he then went to the suppliers of the battery, changed it and fitted it for us, brought the car back and wouldn't take anything. Only two weeks ago he suggested a garage for a service, when we were due to take it my husband was taken into hospital,and he said if they still want to do the service, get back to me and I'll lend you a car while ever you need it. I have found him a true gentleman and good cars too....

Many thanks to all who have given the time and effort replying, giving constructive criticism regarding second-hand car dealers. Much appreciated.

To xt500 ..... I have no intention of " having my leg lifted". I deliberately gave no details of the type of car I intend buying. If you had read my posting closely, I asked for personal experiences people had had, obviously referring to finding that "feel good" factor customers have when they have found the right car at a good price together with excellent after -sales service. All other replies have been written in this vein of thought. If these essential factors are non-existent then the type /model of car I intend to buy is irrelevant and does not come into the equation.

Oh, and by the way ...... the phrase you are looking for is " You're going to.." and not " Your going to ....." . The word "your" should only be used as the possessive article.

Hi

Just wondered if anyone can recommended from personal experience a good second-hand car dealer in the Sheffield area.

I am thinking of buying a car no more than 3 years old.

Also,what is Eric Stead in Ecclesfield like for cars ?

Many thanks for any contributions

Can you rommend a vegetarian butcher -equally scarce.

BIG NO especially to Eckington motor company not a bit bothered about the customer AFTER they have your cash of course also offered me a grand less for a part ex than i got from Sheaf motors