Volunteering with sheffield nhs

I applied for volunteering for the northern general hospital a few weeks back but didnt get a reply, so im assuming i wasnt successful.

Has anyone else made an application and were successful? Just want to know how different i should have filled in the application. Kinda surprised that there was so much competition for volunteering!

Btw i live very close to this hospital so it would have been ideal.

Try ringing them to see if they have got your application. They may just be too busy atm and have not got round to doing it. I emailed them and it took a while for them to email me back, mine was just a question and i wasn't applying for anything. So they may just take a while.

Give them a ring :)

I'd definately ring them. I do some volunteering myself, not with the NHS but it took quite a few phonecalls before I managed to see someone and it is just because places are so busy at the minute. They'll appreciate you calling. Good luck!

Just done an nhs employability course run by the college and jobcentre On my placement at the moment been really good got 4 days left. Im going to miss it working as a porter and made some good friends .

I might be wrong but I think that hospitals recruit volunteers only twice a year. Get in touch with the Volunteer Centre at the Circle, they'll be able to tell you more.