Disabled scooter stopped for no tax disc

heres a good one how will the police know if the scooter is taxed or not???as mobility scooters or wheel chairs DONT HAVE A NUMBER PLATE.....so they have to stop em and ask the driver..WHAT A LOAD WAISTED TIME....

The police can see if a tax disc is being displayed, the "number-plate" is the serial number on the chassis of the mobility scoota or power- wheelchair.

yup, My dads wheel chair even has 3rd party insurance

goodto hear , it's a shame it's not compulsory, because a class 3 Mobility scooter can do serious damage.

going to hillsbrough down wordsworth ave this morning a police car with blue flashing lights..the trafic was being slowed down on one side..i stoped my car as a disabled man,was indistress,he could hardley walk having one leg and upper arm problems.i asked if i could help? the police officer said no.i ased the scooter driver he said iv no tax on my scooter..what kind of joke is this..the police said he was driving at 4mph on a pavement without tax....how low is it getting for police....must be on hard times..police told me to move on or they would take action towards me for hindering the coarse of the law..shamefull

It’s nice to know some people still have compassion and care enough to stand up for what they believe, no matter what the law is it does not mean we have to agree with it.

Hi

tax all bicycles that use the road aswell capable of upto 30mph

they are also aloud to use dual carriageways

Hi

tax all bicycles that use the road aswell capable of upto 30mph

they are also aloud to use dual carriageways

Totally agree, any vehicle that uses the road should also be insured just incase they cause damage to someone else or someones property.

Really? You'd think that would get in the papers, wouldn't you?

This says the most you can get is a month...

http://www.criminal-solicitors.com/bicycles.htm

The law referred to in that link may have been superseded. According to the link: "...The Licensing Act 1872 makes it an offence to be drunk in charge of a bicycle (or any other vehicle or carriage) on a highway or in a public place.

Magistrates can hand down a 1 month prison sentence and a £200 fine. ..."

Cars and motorcycles are vehicles. I'm sure I've read of cases where people caught in charge of a car or motorcycle on a public highway whilst inebriated received penalties which were more severe than 1 month in prison and a £200 fine.

Either way the licensing act of 1872 doesn't apply in Bavaria.

Matthias' case probably did get into the papers. Given the crime rates around here - almost negligible - it probably made the front page. :hihi:.

One of the amusing aspects of prison sentences here is that they do not always take effect immediately. If an individual is sentenced for a minor crime (not a long sentence) and there is no room in the prison at that time, (s)he is told to go home and will receive a letter at some time in the future advising him/her of a reporting date.

In the is case, the reporting date at the prison was nearly a year after he was convicted.:hihi:

It’s nice to know some people still have compassion and care enough to stand up for what they believe, no matter what the law is it does not mean we have to agree with it.

Just remember that when you get burgled. Maybe the thieves won't agree with the law either.

going to hillsbrough down wordsworth ave this morning a police car with blue flashing lights..the trafic was being slowed down on one side..i stoped my car as a disabled man,was indistress,he could hardley walk having one leg and upper arm problems.i asked if i could help? the police officer said no.i ased the scooter driver he said iv no tax on my scooter..what kind of joke is this..the police said he was driving at 4mph on a pavement without tax....how low is it getting for police....must be on hard times..police told me to move on or they would take action towards me for hindering the coarse of the law..shamefull

Whats shamefull?

Having no tax is an offence no matter how many limbs or able you are!Im glad he put your nose out!

Whats shamefull?

Having no tax is an offence no matter how many limbs or able you are!Im glad he put your nose out!

If it's got no number plate how did police know it was not taxed and how did they record his speed ? And incidentally I have seen dozens of cyclists doing far more than four miles an hour on footpath, police ignore them 90% of time, are they any less dangerous?

If it's got no number plate how did police know it was not taxed and how did they record his speed ? And incidentally I have seen dozens of cyclists doing far more than four miles an hour on footpath, police ignore them 90% of time, are they any less dangerous?

The police were doing their job,when they were finished they would have assessed the situation and decided if any laws were broken and what course of action needed to be taken,if any,too many people think everything is their business nowadays and its nice to hear a busy body was put in their place.

If i drive my vehicles without tax id expect it to be confisacated,i hope that if this offence was comitted then the same rules would apply.