Would any "horsey" people be prepared to let me stroke their horse?

If you want to knock this phobia on the head I'd suggest that your first meeting is with a cold-blood like a Shire, Clydesdale or other draught horse, and to reduce the angst of the meeting I'd suggest meeting them in a stable, so you can walk away without them being able to follow. I know that the draught horses are the biggest ones, but they're also the steadiest in behaviour and tend to make much slower and less skittish movement than the warm- and hot-bloods.

BTW- the lawnmower is named after the horse, not the other way round ;)

I tell you what i'd really like to do, just turn up somewhere, let a horse have a good sniff at me, then jump (that's the technical term isn't it) on it's back and stroll down a bridleway with someone accompanying me on another horse.

There's no way i'll do anything gradual, though if stroking a horse if as much as i'm offered i'll take that.

Put it this way, if i had a very placid horse, i wouldn't let me on it.

Btw, sounds just like i'm after a free horse riding lesson now doesn't it. :hihi:

I'm really up for this now though, and if possible, when it happens, i'm happy for someone to take pics, or video it for the forum. :D

The last time I tryed to sniff and jump a horse I found myself laid out for 30 min in 3 inch of mud and cr4p.

This has to be one of my favourite topics of all time. Not only is the request bizarre but it gets even more bizarre as you go down. Not only is a horse required for stroking purposes, but also a series of horses each one slightly larger than the last to allow a gradual introduction to horse stroking.

I havent got a horse......but I have a cat :suspect::)

Pmsl, it just clicked. :D

I genuinely share your fear of horses as when i was younger i got kicked by one while riding my bike along a narrow trail.. The rider said they get a bit nervous around them as their not used to the noise but when she let me know i could go past i got thwacked in the leg.. Not my best day ever lol

I just havent been able to trust them after that, apart from the one that used to be at Chesterfield market, but i think thats because it was attatched to it's cart mostly

You should join me in finding horsey love. :love:

I was squashed against the John street wall by a police horse trying to "protect" me :suspect: from a crowd of Bradford fans waaay back, i was 9 or 10, it winded me, it may be where i got my fear, i dunno.

HenHugger, where are you, and any chance i can come see you tomorrow. ?

I tell you what i'd really like to do, just turn up somewhere, let a horse have a good sniff at me, then jump (that's the technical term isn't it) on it's back and stroll down a bridleway with someone accompanying me on another horse.

There's no way i'll do anything gradual, though if stroking a horse if as much as i'm offered i'll take that.

Put it this way, if i had a very placid horse, i wouldn't let me on it.

Btw, sounds just like i'm after a free horse riding lesson now doesn't it. :hihi:

I'm really up for this now though, and if possible, when it happens, i'm happy for someone to take pics, or video it for the forum. :D

Are you a Soviet spy or an orgfaniser for the Clumber Park Dogging and Jogging Club.Reading this post I think that this has become an adult chatroom.Why would anyone want a horse to sniff themNow youm plan to video the whole thing for the forum-very dodgy!

I've got a clothes horse you can come and stroke.

Lol. Neigh Neigh Lad.

We have 3, small medium & large ( but not too large ) all at same place so you can work your way up - ha ha! If you haven't found one yet. p.m. me.

why don't u get a rocking horse and build up your confidence at home :hihi: