Scrap men and thieves stealing scrap - Megathread

Thats bad, its stealing at the end of the day! Why cant people keep metal on there garden without worrying about going to work and people breaking in to there gardens and just helping themselves, what area was this at?

brightside s4, good job we were at home though!

the other thing is that the gate was locked, so they actually broke it! the buggers

the other thing is that the gate was locked, so they actually broke it! the buggers

Should have reported it, thats criminal damage..

Saw the same thing happen at my neighbours yesterday,he had put some metal bunkbeds at the side of his house they knocked a couple of times no answer so they just started helping themselves.They had one of those flat bed lorrys with white sides,

Should have reported it, thats criminal damage..

And theft as they actually took the stuff and only put it back because they were caught redhanded! Please get it reported to the police so they can log the incident and hopefully look into it, I hope you took the reg no of the vehicle.

I would have defo rang the police

report them! They give genuine scrap lads a bad name.

PLEASE tell me you rang the police on 999 to report it as a crime in progress?

The cops would have come round straight away for this and arrested them because it's criminal damage.

Thieving scrap metal collectors - they are the lowest scum in the country at the moment. 2 of my neighbours have had to replace lead flashing that the buggers have stolen recently.

The blue van men were the worst as it was so fast they were clearly proffs at theft, and obviously the value of the metal was alot more.. Im defo going to report them regarding the trampoline legs as, they did the same thing I just saw on another thread..knocked on the door, then helped themselves, on top of blaming an innocent person for giving them permission. Its still theft, and although they might only have gotten about 40p for the legs at the scrapper....It cost me over £100 to buy, gets me so mad how cheeky they are. Is this what the gypsie wives meant on that programme when they said that they stay home cleaning all day while the husbands go out to work???? Classic.

no to be honest, we were in such shock that we didnt even get the reg of the van or anything like that, we just wanted to get our stuff back, its really disgusting. People should be able to leave their own goods on their own back yard which is shut off by a locked gate, with no fear of theives!

the thieves arnt even scrap men ther just robbin scum, givin genuine honest scrapmen a bad name. i dread the going round back of mine, as ive loads of stuff out thats worth a few quid in scrap but more to me as parts.

anyone know what the current scrap price is at the moment, just on general scrap?