Scrap men and thieves stealing scrap - Megathread

Saw two scrap vans in S6 today, looks like our turn this week!

A couple of weeks ago the council public rights of way team were working on a wooded path and parked their two Land Rovers on a quiet estate road while they worked a few minutes walk away. Residents were out in nearby gardens.

The workers made trips to and from the vehicles to collect appropriate tools and equipment, locking them after each visit. They weren't left unattended for more than an hour. Came back at lunch time. Both rear doors had been prised open, bent and locks smashed. Tools taken maybe valued at over £1,000 to replace. Scrap or resale value very much less. Plus vehicle damage.

The residents hadn't noticed anything, not even a scrap man's truck. They're quick workers whoever they are, and a scourge that seems to exist nationwide.

Saw two scrap vans in S6 today, looks like our turn this week!

thanks for the warning you two...chelle-82 also...

will be keeping my eyes open, spreading the word and logging down number plates just in case

I think the best thing to do is to make sure you dont leave your BBQ's out or chimanea's etc.... My friend has just told me that the scrap men was also on her road the other day (S6 area, again) and they walked up her drive way to get her sons bike! luckily she saw them and went running out of the house to tell them off...... not that it would make much difference :-(

I think the best thing to do is to make sure you dont leave your BBQ's out or chimanea's etc.... My friend has just told me that the scrap men was also on her road the other day (S6 area, again) and they walked up her drive way to get her sons bike! luckily she saw them and went running out of the house to tell them off...... not that it would make much difference :-(

yes or any metal like that which is attached to toliets or indeed lead on the roof of your house.....in fact glue your granny's mouth shut if she's got any metal in her teeth cos if they see her yawn they'll rip her teeth out......

they have no morals and will rot in hell............

Tenfold increase in catalytic converters in S Yorks:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24811143

That's because South Yorkshire has so many metal thieves and so many dodgy scrap yards where stolen metal can be exchanged for cash without too many questions.

Edited by Paddy

Mmmmm............do you carry the steel dustbin around with you or do you expect your clients to have their own? In which case surely they would also burn their own garden waste rather than pay you?

We have one of these steel incinerator bins so I know for a fact that once used it's too hot to move for quite some time.

As for the ribbing you've been getting over your spelling mistakes. Well......I think you are doing really well for somebody who clearly struggles but never the less gives it his best shot.

Take these 5 words for instance...........all tricky words but you were able to spell them correctly.

advice........quite often applied in the wrong context and might appear as advise, but you did brilliantly well and not only did you spell it correctly but you also used the word correctly. Well done danny.

punishments................you did really well with this one as well.

gardening..........now that's quite a long word for somebody who struggles with their spelling but you shone through and mastered it.

labels.............that could also prove difficult for somebody who struggles with their spelling. I've seen it spelled as labils or lables but you got it right danny......well done.

solutions.............now that one really is difficult for anybody who struggles but once again you shone through.

danny, have you considered seeking help with your literacy? I honestly think that you should because you actually have a very good mastery of the English language so a bit of "polishing" where your spelling is concerned should be a piece of pie, pee, poe,poo...............you decide which word you would like to go here. :hihi:

Finally, might I suggest that the game's up and you've been rumbled chum?

Debate is very welcome here but it's much easier to understand if we don't have to try and work out what you are talking about in the first place.

to take the p**s out of someone who can't read or write properly is the lowest of the low, as some of these people have actually gone to work from an early age and earned a living rather than go to school and hope at the end of it the can get a job,

to take the p**s out of someone who can't read or write properly is the lowest of the low, as some of these people have actually gone to work from an early age and earned a living rather than go to school and hope at the end of it the can get a job,

Rothschild wrote this because dannyscrappy was a troll, making fun of people who have problems with reading and writing ... he thought it was funny.

If you look at the thread, all of his posts have been removed, along with himself.