Scrap men and thieves stealing scrap - Megathread

Bit more info needed, i mean, did they take anything?, time etc?

come on Ash. You can write a more elaborate thread than this old bean. Even Mr Bona Accord explained himself. In more ways than one to Karen i heard :hihi::hihi:

My mum had her shed broken into the other week and they took her bird table!!! what do they want with a bird table? theiving <removed>

Maybe put it outside, so the birds can use it,not much use in a shed.

come on Ash. You can write a more elaborate thread than this old bean. Even Mr Bona Accord explained himself. In more ways than one to Karen i heard :hihi::hihi:

I can't be more elaborate, because the stolen things were borrowed, and I haven't told them yet.

I'm going to replace them tomorrow, at substantial detriment to my weekend away :(

My new flower garden was also wrecked, but I'm considering that blame more projected at local felines :hihi:

I can't be more elaborate, because the stolen things were borrowed, and I haven't told them yet.

I'm going to replace them tomorrow, at substantial detriment to my weekend away :(

oh love, thats even worse. i hope your weekend isnt ruined.

now, you know i have to ask....have you reported it to the police?

there have been sightings and a quick knock on for some neighbours may throw up some important info that will help?

x

These so called 'scrap men' have been coming round S6 and the rest of Sheffield for a few weeks now.

So I don't think it's anything to do with the Funfair.

Someone tresspassed in mine and my neighbours backyard. They took my neighbours bicycle wheel.

I can't believe they're getting away with this. There's enough sitings and reports now. I find it unbelievable that no one from our law enforcement agencies has caught up with them. I mean what do we pay taxes for, and you'd think arresting these people would be easy given the brazenness of them and the evidence stacking up.

I "think" someone has tried to get in our back yard as well, as I checked the gate leading to it yesterday evening, and there is a nice chunk of wood missing, and like something has been levered between the gate and support to force it open. Failed, but still annoying. Might get down B&Q later to get me some more bolts to put across the gate just in case.

You can't see our garden though, and there is nowt metallic in origin in it. :loopy:

We are in Hillsborough and we had a 'scrapman' in our garden in november- no fair there then

Came round my back yesterday and my neighbour saw them but they came back last night and stole some items.

Why dosn't plod sort these sods out?there's enough of them.

This is a thread about scrapmen, not the fair in Hillsborough. Let's try and stick to the topic without throwing around unfounded accusations.

I found a young lad with a wolf-like dog stealing my BBQ equipment from my back garden. The cheeky little ******* had let himself through my 6 foot gate, ignored all dog warning signs and was helping himself to my grill. He said he just "thought" it was scrap. I scolded the young rapscallion and sent him on his way.

if the police wanted they could remove them off road straight away.they need business insurance to collect scrap you can guarantee they wont have it.