Scrap men and thieves stealing scrap - Megathread

brightside s4, good job we were at home though!

the other thing is that the gate was locked, so they actually broke it! the buggers

worried about our garden gate getting broken now, i think we must have some neighbours that are in all the time as we never get trouble (that i know of)

they go round nicking stuff because nobody stops them...if they dont have a license then crush the truck...the police just have to wait at the scrapyards to nick them...confiscate the truck/scrap then weigh it in...the police would make a right killing..and then the legit blokes would have the streets to themselves...simple solution but will it be done...no because it will infringe on their human rights..

Nothing to do with human rights, it would require new legislation to make it possible to confiscate the van for not having a waste disposal license. Presumably the law currently allows for them to be prosecuted and fined instead.

I like it as an idea, I doubt it will happen, but it's not human rights that are stopping it.

are you mad,or a gypsy:loopy:

What a pathetic and over the top sterio typical comment.

Why didn't you report it if they, broke your gate and tried stealing things off your back?? Even without a reg you could have reported it? Now we have sweeping statements likes it's gypsy's...put your pitch folk down mate:roll:

Lucario isn't the OP, he's got nothing to report...

Lucario isn't the OP, he's got nothing to report...

Ok... EDIT: why didn't you, the op report it?

I'm not the OP either. Have you actually looked at page 1? :rolleyes:

I'm not the OP either. Have you actually looked at page 1? :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm aware your not the op, didn't aim the question at you but the op, but edited my post for your benifit. ;)

if they cannot see it they cant take it ,and copper is 5k a tonne ,as for church roofs no self respecting scrap man would touch a church ,youll find its the smackheads and lowlife dole wallahs doing these crimes ,

Are you for real?

how about I come round your house, check to make sure your not in, then break down your back dor and wander off with your tv?

But don't worry, If I can't see your tv through the letterbox, keyhole, window or with my periscope I wont take it.

Are you for real?

how about I come round your house, check to make sure your not in, then break down your back dor and wander off with your tv?

But don't worry, If I can't see your tv through the letterbox, keyhole, window or with my periscope I wont take it.

Would you leave say your laptop or iphone on the passanger seat of your parked car? No you shouldn't have to put things out of sight but we do.

Would you leave say your laptop or iphone on the passanger seat of your parked car? No you shouldn't have to put things out of sight but we do.

I like to leave my garden furniture in my garden, surprisingly.

Why are you trying to defend them?

Please show me how I am defending them??

I clearly put, "We shouldn't have to but we do"