Scrap men and thieves stealing scrap - Megathread

the thieves arnt even scrap men ther just robbin scum, givin genuine honest scrapmen a bad name. i dread the going round back of mine, as ive loads of stuff out thats worth a few quid in scrap but more to me as parts.

anyone know what the current scrap price is at the moment, just on general scrap?

160-185 depending on quality

I think enough people on here are aware of what happens to bits and pieces left in gardens on open show to all and sundry ,would you leave cash on your front door steps and expect it to stay put ,Scrap men do a good service to the community picking up unwanted rubbish ,stop knocking them its a tough job ,most do knock on and ask ,but diesel ,insurance and waste carriers aint cheap ,if its metal put it under cover and out of sight ,simples ,,,,

,if its metal put it under cover and out of sight ,simples ,,,,

People shouldn't have to. :rant:

I think enough people on here are aware of what happens to bits and pieces left in gardens on open show to all and sundry ,would you leave cash on your front door steps and expect it to stay put ,Scrap men do a good service to the community picking up unwanted rubbish ,stop knocking them its a tough job ,most do knock on and ask ,but diesel ,insurance and waste carriers aint cheap ,if its metal put it under cover and out of sight ,simples ,,,,

Its not a job its theft, the ones people on here are talking about arent the ones that ask!

actually our back yard is totally fenced off and there is a gate that was locked. Nobody can deny it - it's robbery.

Fair enough if they had taken our permission, but they just helped themselves!

but you should ,,how many scrap threads have we had on here ,,,,dozens ,,,,scrap men are the new social outcasts ,why ? because they get of their backsides and go and earn a few quid ,which just happens to be more than most people on here earn ,How much scruffier would sheffield be without these hard working men removing for free your unwanted waste ,Back to my point if you value it remove from sight ,,do you leave your laptop/satnav on show in your car ,,,,,?

but you should ,,how many scrap threads have we had on here ,,,,dozens ,,,,scrap men are the new social outcasts ,why ? because they get of their backsides and go and earn a few quid ,which just happens to be more than most people on here earn ,How much scruffier would sheffield be without these hard working men removing for free your unwanted waste ,Back to my point if you value it remove from sight ,,do you leave your laptop/satnav on show in your car ,,,,,?

Its theft mate, no matter how much you try to flower it!

Could legally be theft by finding ,,

But by finding the said items have to be lost?

and have an owner who is tracable,We dont hear of many convictions for scrap theft do we,just a simple police responce of harrasment to scrap lads,document checks and vehicle checks ,but believe it or not most scrap vans are better maintained than most cars,and fully legal ,The onus lies with the owner of the metal to secure it by removing from sight ,