Scrap men and thieves stealing scrap - Megathread

Oh and before the " they are only trying to earn a living " brigade start , I was unemployed for 14 months and never once used my situation to justlfy theiving from others , its theft plain and simple ..... If i knock on your door and recieve no answer so proceed to help myself to your property will you just accept it ? no you lot will be the first to post on here complaining about it .... well i for 1 am sick to the back teeth of low lives like these poaching other peoples property inc my own ..... same as the ones now going round stealing the catalytic converters from cars parked outside homes for the scrap value ... they are low lives and deserve nothing more than to be treated as so !!

same thing happened to me a while back ... i live in the S2 area and while laying a new bathroom floor heard a knock at the door , by the time i`d got down stairs they had already loaded half of a dismantled kids swing set ( waiting to be erected ) ... I asked what they were doing and was given the reply " we knocked but got no answer " .. i told em to put the stuff back and leave .... these are the same lads that collect off the S2 area on a regular basis ... just because i`m not in or dont answer does not give anyone the right to help themselves!! ... its my garden space .. i pay rent for the privlidge of enjoying it ... what should i do ? bring a 10` long swing set into the house everytime i go out !! .... and as for those that say they give genuine scrap men a bad name so "we" should do something about it , well why dont the "genuine" scrap men do something about it themselves !! ... if you moonlight as a taxi driver the genuine drivers tend to "steer you right" if your caught ....... I should not have to barricade my property in order to keep it safe and the next thieving t**t i catch helping themselves to my property will have plenty of time to consider my points after i`ve torched there vehicle and given them a nice long holiday in A&E !!!!

with you on that one mate:)

i think tougher laws need to be enforced, so people can't just go on your garden. I know it is illegal but nothing seems to be done about it

Oh and before the " they are only trying to earn a living " brigade start , I was unemployed for 14 months and never once used my situation to justlfy theiving from others , its theft plain and simple ..... If i knock on your door and recieve no answer so proceed to help myself to your property will you just accept it ? no you lot will be the first to post on here complaining about it .... well i for 1 am sick to the back teeth of low lives like these poaching other peoples property inc my own ..... same as the ones now going round stealing the catalytic converters from cars parked outside homes for the scrap value ... they are low lives and deserve nothing more than to be treated as so !!

:clap::clap::clap::nod:

only the ones that nicked my F'in radiator,dirty sh*****s.:rant:

Oh right then you just taking a dig at people you actually know nothing about...Well done. I suppose you knew they were gypsys with that badge they wear :suspect:

They do this around S8 too. About a month ago my dad was coming to my house at around 8am, as he takes my son to school on the days I work. I live in a terrace, and as my dad was coming down the passage between the houses to get to my back door. a man was coming the other way. He saw my dad and said 'Just looking for scrap mate', then left. The passage leads to four back yards/gardens, so he was clearly casing gardens for stuff to steal. I left for work shortly after but didn't see them myself, although if I catch them in my garden or any of my neighbour's gardens nicking stuff, there'll be hell to pay.

A group of scrap man are doing the rounds on wolstenholme road. Two men and a teenager. Just spotted them coming down a genil of what appears to be an empty house.

Right.. That's what they do.

A group of scrap man are doing the rounds on wolstenholme road. Two men and a teenager. Just spotted them coming down a genil of what appears to be an empty house.

The problem being ?

Are you talking about honest scrap men just going about their business or oportunist thieves actually comitting an offence?

Sorry was posting from a mobile earlier, and obviously didn't get my point across. The house was empty as in no activity in there (that I could see). They were coming down a ginel whilst the other bloke was half way over the fence of the neighboring house. There van had a small childs bicycle inside. Don't know if they acquired it legitimately or not, if not then theres going to be one unhappy nipper on the estate :D

They could have been honest for all I know, however this was intended as a heads up to anyone in the area, especially with all the talk of scrappies taking things from gardens without permission.