Scrap men and thieves stealing scrap - Megathread

why didnt you answer the door ,,,,?

i definately wouldnt answer the door to two strangers at night its to risky

I like to leave my garden furniture in my garden, surprisingly.

Why are you trying to defend them?

Me too, surprisingly.

I work in S9 and on going since around Xmas there have been thefts of the air-con units from the outside/walls of buildings. They can't be worth *that* much in scrap - but are costing a fortune to replace (we lost two and the bill to replace came in just short of £7k)

I read it like you was providing a sort of justification for them, I might have been reading stevebarns posts as yours. Apologies.

The Police know about these guys. They run around in an old white transit mostly. They are travellers. I had them call. But they did ask me if they could take some old scrap I had on the bottom of the garden, They took this and also the rubbish that was there . But they will steal if they can get away with it.

The Police know about these guys. They run around in an old white transit mostly. They are travellers. I had them call. But they did ask me if they could take some old scrap I had on the bottom of the garden, They took this and also the rubbish that was there . But they will steal if they can get away with it.
I have concluded that they only knock to see if anyone is home, when there is no answer, they pinch it.This seems to be a big problem everywhere.

I'm not the OP either. Have you actually looked at page 1? :rolleyes:

probably not,he's probably a theiving gypsy who's never been to school but went out scrapping(theiving) instead.:hihi:

probably not,he's probably a theiving gypsy who's never been to school but went out scrapping(theiving) instead.:hihi:

He is a she, went to school and college not a "theiving gypsy".

Any other misguided and ill thought assumptions of who or what I am??

Any paticular reasons you went down the "theiving gypsy" route? Know many do you??:roll::roll:

He is a she, went to school and college not a "theiving gypsy".

Any other misguided and ill thought assumptions of who or what I am??

Any paticular reasons you went down the "theiving gypsy" route? Know many do you??:roll::roll:

only the ones that nicked my F'in radiator,dirty sh*****s.:rant:

Some "scrap men" nicked stuff from my back garden last week - two wrought iron plant stands (chucked the plant pots on the floor, smashing them) and my lovely old wrought iron french garden chair from the outhouse...can't afford to replace them. Thieving scum make me want to draw BLOOD.

I am Versativa.

Don't leave her in the yard by herself.

I have several intact dogs. No biggie if you're careful

And no, they don't get pregnant without breeding with a male!

WOT:confused:

same thing happened to me a while back ... i live in the S2 area and while laying a new bathroom floor heard a knock at the door , by the time i`d got down stairs they had already loaded half of a dismantled kids swing set ( waiting to be erected ) ... I asked what they were doing and was given the reply " we knocked but got no answer " .. i told em to put the stuff back and leave .... these are the same lads that collect off the S2 area on a regular basis ... just because i`m not in or dont answer does not give anyone the right to help themselves!! ... its my garden space .. i pay rent for the privlidge of enjoying it ... what should i do ? bring a 10` long swing set into the house everytime i go out !! .... and as for those that say they give genuine scrap men a bad name so "we" should do something about it , well why dont the "genuine" scrap men do something about it themselves !! ... if you moonlight as a taxi driver the genuine drivers tend to "steer you right" if your caught ....... I should not have to barricade my property in order to keep it safe and the next thieving t**t i catch helping themselves to my property will have plenty of time to consider my points after i`ve torched there vehicle and given them a nice long holiday in A&E !!!!