Scrap men and thieves stealing scrap - Megathread

There only trying to earn a living though aren't they like they said they thought she didn't want the items, though they should have sought permission

No, they are thieving, trespassing and causing criminal damage - no excuse for what they did.

There only trying to earn a living though aren't they like they said they thought she didn't want the items, though they should have sought permission

What utter rubbish. They are stealing. End of. It is no differant from me walking down the road and driving of with a car. If i said sorry did not think you wanted it so i am gonna sell it for scrap as i am trying to earn a living they would have me locked up.

PLEASE tell me you rang the police on 999 to report it as a crime in progress?

Thieving scrap metal collectors - they are the lowest scum in the country at the moment. 2 of my neighbours have had to replace lead flashing that the buggers have stolen recently.

too right,I placed a radiator by my front door while I was re-decorating,I was in the house all the time,when I went to replace the radiator it was gone,divvy neighbour said they'd seen a scrappy putting it in the back of his van.

cost me around £200 to get another fitted as it was a large older sized radiator.:rant:

are you mad,or a gypsy:loopy:

I've booby trapped the stuff worth nicking , they'll definately need hospital treatment when they try and nick it , fed up of the thieving scrotes , just wish i'd got cctv to watch them get hurt .

They're just burglars at the end of the day !

Haha that's the best one yet, earning a living stealing from people!!!!

Fancy coming on here and typing that rubbish, you really are thick aren't you :)

You got a death wish typing that stuff on here?? :loopy:

:loopy:they are round s4 and 5 a lot recently

If i have owt to leave for them I put it on the front for them to take. So wrong that they think they have some right to enter your garden to take stuff. Like you all say its theft......

I had it when I first moved into my house they was there on a daily basis asking if I had any scrap. I told them if I have anything it will always be left on the drive at the front for them to take.

A lot of you don't realise your are comitting an offence and could be prosecuted. If they are doing this for money, which they clearly are, you need to see their waste carriers licence and they should give you a waste transfer note. You need to check out the site licence where they are taking the waste. If they strip the waste and dispose of any bits they don't want, probably hazardous components you could be prosecuted as well as them.

Look up the regulations on the Environment Agency website if you don't believe me.

Ring the Police and tell them that they were also picking Daffodils. You get a squad car and two Bobbies for sure. Oh, and mention that they looked about 5 years old.

No, they're stealing, they know it, you know it and the police know it. They want arresting, fining and having their van confiscated.