Scrap men and thieves stealing scrap - Megathread

and have an owner who is tracable,We dont hear of many convictions for scrap theft do we,just a simple police responce of harrasment to scrap lads,document checks and vehicle checks ,but believe it or not most scrap vans are better maintained than most cars,and fully legal ,The onus lies with the owner of the metal to secure it by removing from sight ,
So it's ok for them to climb over fences or break open locked gates to take a patio heater, bbq and patio furniture? That's the weakest excuse for thieving I've ever heard. Get real!

Look at the other thread regarding these thieving scum, Stevebarn will claim its all our fault for leaving anything with a metallic content in any place other than the bank of Englands vaults!

why didnt you answer the door ,,,,?
Why should they?

Most people don't answer the door these days unless they're actually expecting visitors, especially to iffy looking men with wagons full of scrap.

Although obviously, forewarned, we shall shout through the door now, "Go away and and don't take anything with you when you go!" :D

they were doing same thing around s35 area 3 weeks ago, we took their reg no and reported them

Scap metal is so valuable these days. The church roofs need artificial lead these days or expect the rain to interrupt the Sunday service. Copper is extremely valuable - I heard it is worth £4,500 a ton. No wonder the thieves are out in large numbers.

if they cannot see it they cant take it ,and copper is 5k a tonne ,as for church roofs no self respecting scrap man would touch a church ,youll find its the smackheads and lowlife dole wallahs doing these crimes ,

Scap metal is so valuable these days. The church roofs need artificial lead these days or expect the rain to interrupt the Sunday service. Copper is extremely valuable - I heard it is worth £4,500 a ton. No wonder the thieves are out in large numbers.

The price of metal has actually gone down quite a bit in the last few months.

never seen a scrap man with patio furnitue bbq or patio heater ,dont weigh much you see ,most likely to be a scroate from two streets down sat in his garden slurping special brew and cheap cider on your furniture,,,,

never seen a scrap man with patio furnitue bbq or patio heater ,dont weigh much you see ,most likely to be a scroate from two streets down sat in his garden slurping special brew and cheap cider on your furniture,,,,
It's not my furniture but we had to stop them taking the things, and they brazen it out, by pretending they're doing people a favour by stealing their stuff. It's outrageous.

You need to read some of the threads on here, and see exactly what's going on before you start trying to defend these people, honestly, you should.

i have read the threads all of them ,,,,most of the taking without permission is the smackheads and petty criminals ,All the scrap lads i know have regular rounds in set areas these include garages ,shops ,factories,and housing estates where they perform a good service without having to steal a quids worth of light tin trampoline legs or a chinesse patio heater that weighs less than a mondeo brake disc ,