Scrap men and thieves stealing scrap - Megathread

Guest sibon
Surely better to advertise on freecycle or SF and have it continue as a bike for a few years, maybe more, rather than it be melted down?

I guess that it was taken by a student to play with.

Either way round, it got a second life.

Get this.... We had our copper gas supply pipe for the boiler stolen back in november leaving gas escaping from the pipe overnight putting mine my partner and our kids lives at risk i daren't think of what could have happened..

Get this.... We had our copper gas supply pipe for the boiler stolen back in november leaving gas escaping from the pipe overnight putting mine my partner and our kids lives at risk i daren't think of what could have happened..

In Batemoor they nicked the cabling from the main transformer box, and put half of Batemoor and Lowedges in darkness, after causing a power surge and setting household appliances on fire !!!

I would never be a scrap man its far too dangerous.:hihi:

Didn't one get electrocuted trying to steal copper that was still carrying 10k volts?

Didn't one get electrocuted trying to steal copper that was still carrying 10k volts?

DUHHHH he probably thought he had pins n needles

actually yes they do take fridges i have a scrap dealer who lives near me and he always has the odd fridge, maybe some do and some dont.

Yes, they do take fridge's and washing machines. They took mine (I did want to get rid though) saved me some money getting rid :)

Someone nicked the old grate covers off a road near me the other week.:roll:

My Granny left her Zimmerframe by the front door and 10 mins later it was gone. I hope the geriatric scumbag enjoys hobbling around with it now

There was a bunch of people going round nicking the copper drainage pipes in my area. Flooded a good few houses including my next door neighbour. Scroats!!!

i put my old cooker in the garden while i went to peaks to pick up my new one,, when i got back it was gone,,,, along with all my baking trays and pans that were in the oven :suspect:

Theyre awful!

Its gypsises round my area in those vans with orange lights on top...they steal anything, broke into my shed a few timers...even nicked my wishing well!