Squatters on the Moor

most of them are doing it to make a fashionable statement

People have been squatting for ever, hardly a "fashion"

see above....out of touch with reality:loopy:

the reality is theres hundreds of empty buildings left to rot in every town and city in britain.......its morally wrong

I knew a few squatters in London who did have jobs, but still lived in a squat, the building was practically derelict when they moved in, they fixed it up.

I remember they turfed the squatters out of the building opposite The Matilda pub, who were just quietly living there not hurting anyone, what have they done with the building since - nothing I bet.

apparently the "matilda centre" has been empty for a few years since the squatters were evicted

where as when it was squatted it was for the whole community with gigs, lessons and activities etc

its been fashionable since the sixties then!! before that it was out of desperation and real need not "hate all capitalist" squatters!!

the reality is theres hundreds of empty buildings left to rot in every town and city in britain.......its morally wrong

hundreds of building OWNED by someone or a company, not there for any rag tag and bob tail to occupy!! why is it morally wrong then?? its not their building so what gives them the right to squat? tents are cheap to buy:hihi: i hear Decathalon has some good deals;)

its been fashionable since the sixties then!! before that it was out of desperation and real need not "hate all capitalist" squatters!!

The squatters I knew were capitalists, one fo them worked in The City.

There are people squatting all over the country they have been at it a thousand years they call there squats Palaces or Stately Holmes.

Bomb them out,why not after all the Moor looks like its been bombed already,did they actually clear it up after ww2.

hundreds of building OWNED by someone or a company, not there for any rag tag and bob tail to occupy!! why is it morally wrong then?? its not their building so what gives them the right to squat? tents are cheap to buy:hihi: i hear Decathalon has some good deals;)

Morally wrong. So, although they legally own these buildings, if they're not in use and don't plan to be for the short to medium term, what harm is there in allowing people that may otherwise be left to sleep on the streets?

Depends how you see it, but to "turf" people out on to the street and then still not doing anything with the property could be viewed as morally wrong.

Bomb them out,why not after all the Moor looks like its been bombed already,did they actually clear it up after ww2.

Thanks bullerboy for that really sensible and reasonable point, murdering people you've never met for no good reason. Bet you're a nice guy really.

Morally wrong. So, although they legally own these buildings, if they're not in use and don't plan to be for the short to medium term, what harm is there in allowing people that may otherwise be left to sleep on the streets?

Depends how you see it, but to "turf" people out on to the street and then still not doing anything with the property could be viewed as morally wrong.

irrespective of the buidlings use or non use the building is someones property to use or not, i have a car collection i only drive one at a time it doesnt mean anyone can come and have a go just because they feel like it or do not have a car of their own?? most that sleep on the streets have made a lifestyle choice, through drink and drugs...note i said most not all.

There are people squatting all over the country they have been at it a thousand years they call there squats Palaces or Stately Holmes.

Just how many threads can you mention this on?

And yet you insist you don't have an issue with anyone who isn't from a council estate on previous threads.

The place in question for was p for rent for a ridiculous amount so pretty sure the landlord won't be too pleased about them being there.