Squatters on the Moor

short to medium? theres places left to rot........long term, decades in some cases

That is really not the point. They don't belong to those that are squatting.

If something belongs to me (for example) it is mine to do with as I please. Just because a certain group of people decide they want something doesn't automatically make it theres.

If I owned an empty building I wasn't using and someone came and asked if they could use it, as long as I had no plans for it then yes of course they can. However if someone just decides they want something that belongs to me and they don't have the good manners to ask then I would do everything in my power to get rid of them.

That is really not the point. They don't belong to those that are squatting.

If something belongs to me (for example) it is mine to do with as I please. Just because a certain group of people decide they want something doesn't automatically make it theres.

If I owned an empty building I wasn't using and someone came and asked if they could use it, as long as I had no plans for it then yes of course they can. However if someone just decides they want something that belongs to me and they don't have the good manners to ask then I would do everything in my power to get rid of them.

but land (and in consequence the buildings upon it) aren't subject to the same LAWS as possesions.

If the population, who through no choice of their own are born on this island need somewhere to live or work or whatever then what right does anyone have to withhold part of this island when they are not using it from another?

'Oh that's mine cause I might get round to using it later, so you and no-one else can use it in the meantime'. hmm how about. no!

This looks like a group of people who are trying to use a space that looked all set to remain unused for at least the next four years (NOT somebody's home up to now) as a base for making our town more attractive. Good for them.

More of this please... the buildings will be safer if they are occupied and used. Looks like there are some interesting ideas for how this space will be used, heaven knows if there was a vacant space with about 10 meter high ceilings Greentop Circus would be interested in temporarilly occupying it while we sort out a permanent new space.

but land (and in consequence the buildings upon it) aren't subject to the same LAWS as possesions.

If the population, who through no choice of their own are born on this island need somewhere to live or work or whatever then what right does anyone have to withhold part of this island when they are not using it from another?

'Oh that's mine cause I might get round to using it later, so you and no-one else can use it in the meantime'. hmm how about. no!

The point is the building is owned by someone and this group of people have decided they want to use and are doing so without the owners permission. The sooner this is made a criminal act the better.

If I don't use a car I own for a while and you decide you need a car you can't just jump into it and use it without my permission.

1: nobodys actually talking about the homeless, the threads about squatting

2: IF we're talking about homelessness then no its NOT just about sleeping rough on the streets, they are the frontline, the people you see daily, but the biggest problem is the ones you DONT see, people who ARE HOMELESS but have a roof over their heads, whether its a hostel or a friends settee

And where exactly do you think the squatters would be if they weren't in the squat.

If it's not in a residential area, isn't the property of a private individual and they don't damage it I don't see the problem.

Could someone scan a picture of Viz's Major Misunderstanding?

There are none on Google Images and I wanted to compare ab6262's personality with his.

Thanks.

What are leftie handwringers?

Basically anyone who cares about anyone other than themselves.

Basically anyone who cares about anyone other than themselves.

You say that like it's a bad thing :hihi:

The point is the building is owned by someone and this group of people have decided they want to use and are doing so without the owners permission. The sooner this is made a criminal act the better.

If I don't use a car I own for a while and you decide you need a car you can't just jump into it and use it without my permission.

Your car is different and to take it without asking permission is indefensible.

The squat in the building is subject to a different set of laws with very good reason. If they weren't there would be masses of empty buildings all over the country, oh there already is.

When the previous 'owners' want it back they'll have to put up a challenge for it and they will quite probably get it back from the squatters.

If the squatters are there for 11years iirc then they can lawfully consider the building 'theirs' and then they will be in the same position as the previous 'owners'.

Could someone scan a picture of Viz's Major Misunderstanding?

There are none on Google Images and I wanted to compare ab6262's personality with his.

Thanks.

oh how i laughed:hihi::hihi: pretty close actually:P