Parking in Sheffield

This thread has been mentioned before but.This council wants people to shop in Sheffield so,why not allow free parking in the City Centre Saturdays only,where else do they have freeparking you guessed it ,Meadow Hall come on Sheffield Council open your eyes.

the motorist foot the bill for most things im sorry to say it will never change

You've got to be kidding, since they bought a whole new fleet of brand spanking new fiestas for parking services they have a lot to rake back in, espescially as there's more of these scrotes than police officers patrolling the streets of sheffield.

I used to go into town regularly with my family by bus. Then the fares got too expensive, so I found a reasonably priced council car park at the bottom of The Moor and used to drive in with them instead.

Then the council closed the car park and sold it off for redevelopment, so we found another nearby council car park to park in instead. Then the council sold that off for redevelopment.

We shop at Meadowhall now, and rarely go into town.

I'm sure we're not the only family to have experienced this.

If the council want to encourage people to go into town they need to lower the bus fares and increase affordable - even free - parking.

Loads of places you can park in Sheffield for nowt, if you know where to look :D

If the council could set bus fares that might even be possible.

The council own very little of the car parks in the city centre, Most car parks are privately owned and are unlikely to offer free parking.

As an aside to this, you could always park in any of the privately managed car parks, such as the excel car parks for free, just ignore any invoice they send you about parking charges and they will go away!

And if the council really gave a toss about there voters, they would listen to us.

Lack of decent toilet provision along with lack of fairly priced parking is why I avoid the city centre so much.

You've got to be kidding, since they bought a whole new fleet of brand spanking new fiestas for parking services they have a lot to rake back in, espescially as there's more of these scrotes than police officers patrolling the streets of sheffield.

they always get a few comments from me whenever i see one driving about!

And if the council really gave a toss about there voters, they would listen to us.

Why? come to Rotherham mate where Labour could put a monkey in and still win. After all they proved it with a jellyfish in McShane