Do Ebay still offer the 7 days free car insurance

The last time i bought a car from ebay i was offered a 7 day free insurance cover through the then insurance company norwich union, my son has just bought a car tonight and i said he wouldnt have to worry about the huge cost of the car plus the lump sum the insurance would be because of this 7 days he'll have to get the car home and inspected.

Anyway he bought the car and he or i cant find any scrap of info about it on ebay anymore.

Failing this does anyone know a insurance company that offers short term insurance for say 1 to 2 weeks untill he can save enough for yearly insurance.

thanks

Depending on his age and driving experience, there are plenty of day-insure places. If he's already insured on one vehicle then contact his insurer they may have a temporary package

he's 10 days away from his 21st birthday, no one will insure him if he's under 21 its a mare trying to find him temp cover, think i'll have to temp insure it my name and go fetch it with him

he's 10 days away from his 21st birthday, no one will insure him if he's under 21 its a mare trying to find him temp cover, think i'll have to temp insure it my name and go fetch it with him

I think that's going to be your best option. With you being older even the temp cover maybe be less expensive.

I could be well wrong but i don't think it's Ebay who offer 7 days cover it's individual car companies.

I could be well wrong but i don't think it's Ebay who offer 7 days cover it's individual car companies.

This would make a lot more sense - don't really see how eBay could manage that themselves.

This would make a lot more sense - don't really see how eBay could manage that themselves.

I think it's the dealers that pass this offer on..we bought a car from a dealer and got 7 days free from NU...it was handy to use this to get the car back home fairly quickly..

It wasnt Ebay themselves, when you had paid for your car, in the email they send you confirming the sellers address there also used to be a link to thier partners norwich union at the time, and all i had to do was phone them on the number provided and give them the ebay item number of the car, they then sent me all the insurance details via text to my mobile incase i was stopped by the poilce.