Being punished for defending oneself.

Actually, if you watch very carefully, he lands on his side, not "head first" at all, that's just the media exaggerating. It IS close though, but he is swung around as he comes down. His hat falls off as he hits the ground which at first looks a bit like his head contacts the ground.

They also call the low brick wall a timber bench.

The kid took 5 or 6 hits before he snapped back! Poor kid has probably had this kind of crap from the little runt for months on end, and I would put money on it that it wasnt only that runt and his mates bullying him too! Good on him for snapping back, although myself, i'd have snapped back after the first hit.

I was bullied at school and my sister stepped in and smashed the girl all over, this girl was y10 to my y7 and my sister y11. Then my sister went to college and got bullied herself, I was in y9/10 at this point and had enough of her being upset all the time. I prepared myself and built up the energy to totally break these girls. The girls had gone away to skeg for the week and had totally bullied my sister ALL week until my sister called home crying, to come home. We went to pick her up and one of the girls still has no use of her left hand (4 or 5 yrs later), after I broke all her fingers and wrist. The other 3 recovered from my mum and me attacking them. I loved that moment because I thought and realised, actually no-one is going to get away with treating me like crap EVER again. And the moment one girl started giving me abit of crap in school, I smacked her and she never came crawling back. Now, i've learnt to hold myself in situations, unless theyve had plenty of warnings and still carry on, then i'll return back to the 'last chance, and im taking you out' manner. It works. I was in a violent relationship, he knew he was on his last chance and he slapped me and threw me into the wall. Dont know what came in to me, but I kicked the sheet out of him, then I ripped the mirror of the wall and smashed it over his head until he was out. Hes never laid a finger, or said a wrong word, to anyone since.

I had an upbringing to get respect, you must give it first. And I do respect people. But people also know, take the pee with me and i'll have you. Maybe its wrong? Maybe its ok? I dont know but after years of being unhappy, and bullied, feeling crap and wanting to end it all.... this is my chance and im a much more respected person for not putting up with it. So i've nothing but a big bloody 'WELL DONE' to the lad who kicked back in the video. Its amazing, he knows now that people cant get away with it. He shouldnt have got ANY punishment, just praise. Bullies are cowards, and if parents wont sort out their behaviour then its down to the person receiving the crap. Good on him!

That is my point, does cyber-bullying make things worse.

Maybe yes, maybe no. I can only be sure of one thing though, I'm glad my school days weren't endlessly filmed.

I disagree. Nothing inappropriate in what he did. Bad luck for the younger lad to land so badly but he made the situation. No empathy for him at all.

Well said, what do some people think you should do whilst you're being attacked take out and study the 'Concise book of retaliation levels' I'd like to see these do-gooders reaction to someone repeatedly punching them in the face especialy if it isn't the first time.

No, he shouldn't be punished for defending himself. He should be punished for using an inappropriate amount of force and violence, in doing so.

And should this bullied person be allowed to vote, become a soldier, a policeman, a politician, a judge? The answer is NO! because he is a juvenile who was being bullied in a situation where bullying should not have been taking place that day or as long as it had been.

only sad thing is that he's going to be the victim now.

He's just getting a taste of the medicine he's been handing out for lord knows how long to the big lad.

Good on the big lad I say & suck it you little scrote to the little one who will now know how it feels!

He's just getting a taste of the medicine he's been handing out for lord knows how long to the big lad.

Good on the big lad I say & suck it you little scrote to the little one who will now know how it feels!

maybe so, but still doesn't make it right. coz for him to get that 'medicine' someone has to administer it, thereby, themselves, becoming the bully who, in their turn and time, will need to be given a taste of the same medicine and on and on and on...

If I were one of the parents of the little brat I'd be telling him how ashamed I was of him but no doubt they'll already be busy at the compo solicitors.

And should this bullied person be allowed to vote, become a soldier, a policeman, a politician, a judge? The answer is NO! because he is a juvenile who was being bullied in a situation where bullying should not have been taking place that day or as long as it had been.

you lost me there, B.

maybe so, but still doesn't make it right. coz for him to get that 'medicine' someone has to administer it, thereby, themselves, becoming the bully who, in their turn and time, will need to be given a taste of the same medicine and on and on and on...

What is wrong with self defence? Why do you find it hard to accept that had the bully not been bullying he wouldn't have got himself hurt?

The big kid simply defended himself and once realised there was no further threat (Notice the short kid's mate try and get involved) he walked away. Had the big kid been a bully too surely he would have kept going at the small kid. He didn't. People with attitudes like yours allow the bad people to have easy lives.

I'm sorry but your reasong is offensive to all victims of assault, bullying etc.

What you're saying is that anyone who gets fined/imprisoned for a misdemeanor/crime is being bullied by the court.

The bully got what he deserved by having the same treatment meted to him so that he now knows what it is like and what he can expect if he carries on with his past behaveour.

People with attitudes like yours allow the bad people to have easy lives.

These are the people who pontificate to 'The last drop of YOUR blood'.