Considering moving to Stocksbridge to enrol my son in school there

Stocksbridge School, as I do not like the school hes been allocated..could anyone give me any advise pls?????

would highly reccomend it my son left there 10 yrs ago this summer

now doing a doctorate at sheff uni and has had job interviews with google in los angeles v v good when he was ther

would highly reccomend it my son left there 10 yrs ago this summer

now doing a doctorate at sheff uni and has had job interviews with google in los angeles v v good when he was ther

Great school, my niece goes there and all 3 of my children will be. Would highly recommend

I believe that Stocksbridge is under-subscribed, so may well have places in all year groups. Give them a ring to find out. You wouldn't need to move if there are spaces, they should just accept you.

thanks everyone, just read a thread about Stockbridge being not very friendly though, made me think twice to be honest :( I am turkish and had some bad experiences in small unfriendly towns before, so wondering if it would be a bad move? or are there any other towns close to the school that I would feel more comfortable???

I was born and brought up there.the school is great.as soon as I could afford my own house though I ran for my life...lol.

Might be hard to fit in at school as i heard all the kids have the same surname. :hihi::hihi:

When I was at school, my best friend was from Stocksbridge. She got took out of the school because of bullying. She also said that because there was nothing to do in the area alot of her friends had started taking drugs for entertainment. I know this happens everywhere though. I can also remember that when it snowed I didn't see her for weeks, as she was always snowed in and hard to reach

thanks everyone, just read a thread about Stockbridge being not very friendly though, made me think twice to be honest :( I am turkish and had some bad experiences in small unfriendly towns before, so wondering if it would be a bad move? or are there any other towns close to the school that I would feel more comfortable???

Ignore all those stupid rumours. I moved to Stocky a few years ago and haven't had any problems. My neighbours are very friendly and helpful. The local kids seem fine too, many of them stop to say hello, stroke my dog etc.

Like any town there's really quite posh bits with expensive houses and there's some rough bits. I'd come and visit and get a feel for the place yourself, and ignore stupid internet trolls who've probably never even been here!

Oh and The Blonde - when it snowed I got to work in the city centre every day. I think your friends are making up excuses!!!!

If you are still slightly tempted get a house right up by the sports center that's what I did,at least your well out of the way..lol