Firefox getting bloated - any better Browsers out there?

Yeah - first load after a reboot is usually 15+, although subsequent loads are more like 4 or 5.

Still way behind Chrome which is pretty much instant.

Are you on Windows? Happens all the time with Windows. I've clicked an icon several times because I've waited a couple of minutes for something to load after boot only to find 5 instances of the program open up after a couple of minutes of hanging. This equally happens with other programs so I'm blaming Windows. It did it with 7 and XP for me.

mine takes a while to open as it has to load about 20-30 tabs from last session :-D

Are you on Windows? Happens all the time with Windows.

Yeah but I also use Ubuntu and OSX - its the same on all three - Chrome opens quicker on all three.

Same on our little XP netbook too.

mine takes a while to open as it has to load about 20-30 tabs from last session :-D

Mine too! :cool::D

I think it is well worth the wait for a superior browsing experience once fully loaded. NOTHING compares to FF for customisation and general pleasure, though Opera, Maxthon 3 and SRIron are well worth having installed as alternatives! I try to avoid Chrome as it 'snoops' on your browsing habits. FF with adblocker+, NoScript, HTTPS Everywhere & Ghostery added is by FAR the best option - If you want to take it even further - then use Tor Browser! lol ;)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yeah but I also use Ubuntu and OSX - its the same on all three - Chrome opens quicker on all three.

Same on our little XP netbook too.

Then you're really picky as I've not noticed iot on Ubuntu and if there is a delay we're talking micro seconds.

Mine too! :cool::D

I think it is well worth the wait for a superior browsing experience once fully loaded. NOTHING compares to FF for customisation and general pleasure, though Opera, Maxthon 3 and SRIron are well worth having installed as alternatives! I try to avoid Chrome as it 'snoops' on your browsing habits. FF with adblocker+, NoScript, HTTPS Everywhere & Ghostery added is by FAR the best option - If you want to take it even further - then use Tor Browser! lol ;)

Damn right! better still you can use it on whatever flavour of OS you use. The only bad point is the British dictionary, it's terrible. Where google search can find what I meant right away, the FF British dictionary mostly suggests completely unrelated words. BAH.

I assume Maxthon 3 and SRIron are Linux browsers, Linux guy? :-) Tried opera, I personally hate it. Chrome is OK, has a superior and faster core than Geko, but mainly lacks decent session saving. It's addons all load as a separate instance as well, so your task manager will be full of chrome.exe if you use allot of them (and for even half the functionality of firefox, chrome needs a hell o allot of addons).

Firefox 4 all the way for me. It's like lightning compared to FF 3.6. Add ABP to it and nothing i have used gets close to it :headbang:

Same here m8 ABP + dictionary is all I have on, want on, or need on opens after a couple of seconds every time even after a shutdown

Damn right! better still you can use it on whatever flavour of OS you use. The only bad point is the British dictionary, it's terrible. Where google search can find what I meant right away, the FF British dictionary mostly suggests completely unrelated words. BAH.

I assume Maxthon 3 and SRIron are Linux browsers, Linux guy? :-) Tried opera, I personally hate it. Chrome is OK, has a superior and faster core than Geko, but mainly lacks decent session saving. It's addons all load as a separate instance as well, so your task manager will be full of chrome.exe if you use allot of them (and for even half the functionality of firefox, chrome needs a hell o allot of addons).

Maxthon 3 is a windows ONLY browser ( :gag: ) but I would highly recommend it (assuming that you are in window$!) & SRIron will work in both window$ and Linux, but, in windows - it seems to be 'unhappy' if you also have Chrome installed. I would recommend that window$ users KILL/UnInstall Chrome BEFORE installing SRIron. ;-)

Chrome load all tabs in "sandbox mode" = ALL tabs run as a seperate instance of Chrome, so that if one tab crashes it doesn't crash the whole browser or the system. This feature is also present in SRIron (as well Chromium - the open source version). Hope this helps? ;-) :cool:

This feature is also present in SRIron (as well Chromium - the open source version).

As well as... Internet Explorer (v8 onwards).

As well as... Internet Explorer (v8 onwards).

And you'd wanna use ie - why? :gag::loopy: :loopy: :rant: