My new home business - vintage interiors/furniture

Hello,

It's great that you've got a website, but you need to work on your online presence. Get as many links to your site as possible; make it easier to buy online; social media is a must nowadays - talk to people on twitter.

Have you got analytics set up on your site? You should definately set it up so that you can monitor what people are looking at - that way you can work on conversions / phase out the less popular items or make them more appealing.

I think you could work on a more definate brand as well - I get the vintage interiors, but what's your usp? Are these pieces authentically restored / contemporary restorations / restored to a fantastic standard / quirky - make it obvious.

And better categorisation / menus on the site would be really helpful - that way people can select exactly what they want to look for.

Just a few ideas - but I love the site generally and really love the products - paricularly the big furniture!!

Hey - ive taken a look at your website and it is lovely!!

I think the problem is (as it says above) targetting your audience, and I think Vantastic is on the right line when they say go to the 'cool' places, and vintage shops are the obvious place! and they are usually fine with taking leaflets - freshmans, COW, bang bang, the nameless one on carver st.

you sa your on FB but are u on twitter? local biz like fancie are biiig on twitter - and its a GREAT place to drum up some support.. gatsby bar, fancie, demonwheelers, themedevenings, the forum, oldhouse, the york, the milestone etc etc are all on and regulary interact/help out one another.

my new little venture (and i mean little!) is on twitter @cubVINTAGE and FB -cub vintage .. if u wanna check me out, dont worry im not competition!

haha also make sure u make the most of all the fair u attend, push them via twitter and FB.

good luck, hope ive not reguratated whats already been said!

well we did sharrow vale market last weekend and it was a great sucess, nearly sold out of all the small stock.

we have taken a unit at the new nichols building antique, art & craft centre. it will be opening on the 14th june.

i think having a unit and doing the markets will be the way forward for us. we are just using the website for marketing purposes at the moment and will sell mainly from fairs and the unit.

we have taken a unit at the new nichols building antique, art & craft centre. it will be opening on the 14th june.

great stuff...see you there! ;)

im so pleased sharrowvale went well, thats a great start!

x

great stuff...see you there! ;)

im so pleased sharrowvale went well, thats a great start!

x

yay did you get a unit or a cabinet? x

Good Stuff!

Have you contacted any small independant furnishing shops?

Im thinking about the type of shops that sell unique individual pieces like the sort you will find in Bakewell etc?

Maybe you could offer one or two of your pieces on a Sale or return basis to the shops. This would also free you up some space for more stock

Networking aswell is crucial and if you are able to, pay for an ad in specific furniture magazines.

I do go on quite a few networking events with people from all kinds of businesses so if I meet anyone looking for this sort of thing i will be happy to point them in your direction!

Good Luck with everything and try not to let a slow start dishearten you! :)

Good Luck!

yay did you get a unit or a cabinet? x

just a cabinet for me and not until july either.

im pulled out with bridal orders and custom orders at the mo i just wont be able to get the stock ready for the public opening.

id love a unit....but how many hats would i have to make to fill that!!!!! :o

x

just a cabinet for me and not until july either.

im pulled out with bridal orders and custom orders at the mo i just wont be able to get the stock ready for the public opening.

id love a unit....but how many hats would i have to make to fill that!!!!! :o

x

haha yeah quite alot!!

we have got alot to 2 in 2 weeks for the opening, its all go but im so excited! :D

I would say more larger, clearer photographs of your products. Your things are beautiful but I dont think you are showing them off to their best.

I would like to see multiple images of the product and photographs that I can enlarge and get a really good look at.

Hope this helps :)

I would say more larger, clearer photographs of your products. Your things are beautiful but I dont think you are showing them off to their best.

I would like to see multiple images of the product and photographs that I can enlarge and get a really good look at.

Hope this helps :)

there will be a photography studio at the new nichols building...they may be worth tapping up for some unitholder discount?

maybe you could work with the other unit holders to stage some sets and dress them with goodies from the others?

x

Ha! Sophie! Its Sam!! You are making a butterfly hat for me next week!! Good to "see" you on here! :P