Getting older, pros and cons..

I suppose if you are old you have had a life. If you are young there is no guarantee that you will.

I think that sums it up.

Getting old isnt all that bad if you keep your health, can still chew a donut, dont suffer from uncontrollable flatulence and dont need your daughter to hang a card round your neck with your name and address on it whenever you go out for a walk.

Edited by Harleyman

I've got those - they were my Secret Santa present a couple of years ago! :hihi:

I quite enjoy being older, I don't work any more and its great! Fortunately I'm fairly healthy most of the time, and I like being out and about. My bus pass gets a hammering! I used to spend time putting on make up, and having my hair streaked/dyed. No more, just a decent haircut and a bit of lippy and I'm ready to roll. I rarely feel the need to dress up, and prefer comfort to style these days. ;)

On the down side I'm conscious that I've probably lived well over 2/3 of my life. :( So I intend to enjoy the rest of it.

I had that sudden though when I hit 30 last year. Must be a thought provoking age. My first thought was if I only live until 60, then that's it, my life's half over already. It was the first time i've ever thought like that, normally, it's all water off a duck's back to me.

I've since gotten over that and reverted back to my usual unflustered laid back self and think when my time's up it's up, nothing I can do about it so I shall waste no more time threating about it and crack back on with the good times.

The biggest problem with growing older is that cheated feeling you get when you realise that being an adult doesn't mean you know everything, can solve anything or that life gets less confusing. I remember the security of being a child and thinking everythings ok because the adults know what to do.

Actually the adults don't know what to do. There is no big plan that you get knowledge of everyone is just bumbling their way through life doing the best they can and trying to avoid catastrophe. The world is a frighteningly random place and it wouldn't be much different if cows were in charge.

LOL Shaz I'll race you on my zimmerframe quadbike.

I'll make you eat my dust baby, I'm a whole year older than you. :banana:

Well im 50,iv just had my 5th child,my Gf is 28.....getting a bit too old for me she is lol,im loving bieng an older guy,i love playing the getting on a bit and slightly senile card!

i wear bench clothes,gel my hair,gstar jeans,eat what i like but love the healthier food,im still slim,iv no hair loss,i go to clubs and late bars,staggering round each weekend,many of my friends are in thier early 20s.

Lifes what you make of it,whatever your age,i creak a bit at times,but it dont bother me,i love a nap,love a late nite too,dont do drugs,but love a beer......am i happy?

God yes,i couldnt be happier!

.......................sooner be over the hill than under it!!!!!! Shaz112, please remember that old age is no excuse for bad manners!!

No advantage to age, except people expect you to be completely uncool so you can get away with it and not give one.

I have no quarms about going out wearing no make up, don't stress so much that I'm wearing the right clothes for the right occasion and say what stuff I like, even if others won't think it cool or consider it geeky. That probably wouldn't have been so in my early twenties.

I wouldn't really like to go back with the knowledge i'd got now as I preferred blissful ignorance that I was going to change the world and my passion for things rather than my ongoing apathy now.

Pros - You can tackle sledge hammer wielding diamond robbers in the high street with impunity

Cons - Just hang on......I did think of one a minute ago, what was it......